Featherstone (A)

Wakefield Ram

Un/fortunately I can't make this game, but unless we get some forwards back, we could be very short, assuming Ferguson and Beckett don't play.

A comfortable or big Fev win the only possible results, hopefully the boys put in a decent performance and most importantly avoid any injuries.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not wishing to strike a negative note but I think we may struggle to get a win at Fev on Sunday. Just send the lads out to play a game of rugby that they enjoy without the fear and trepidation that has hung over recent games. A weakened pack without the loanees will make things tricky.

Fev 44 - 10 Rams

FTS Butterworth

Att: 850

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Not wishing to strike a negative note but I think we may struggle to get a win at Fev on Sunday. Just send the lads out to play a game of rugby that they enjoy without the fear and trepidation that has hung over recent games. A weakened pack without the loanees will make things tricky.

Fev 44 - 10 Rams

FTS Butterworth

Att: 850

850??? The match is at Fev not Dewsbury 😯😯😯

14 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Hopefully, will get some forwards back as Annakin, Beckett and Ferguson not available from last week.

Annakin will miss the Newcastle game I believe, not the Fev one.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

14 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

850??? The match is at Fev not Dewsbury 😯😯😯

You don't need big worms on your hook to catch a fervent traditionalist, do you?

Our coach has described the game in the reporter"As a total free hit".  I hope he doesn't mean , o it doesn't matter.It does matter i think the team that turn out will try their best . Fev.sadly have no chance of promotion  or even Toulouse. i think sl will pull the draw bridge up this season.Of course that would be a disgrace. SL and rl keep shooting themselves in the foot with a machine gun.

7 minutes ago, silcoates said:

Our coach has described the game in the reporter"As a total free hit".  I hope he doesn't mean , o it doesn't matter.It does matter i think the team that turn out will try their best . Fev.sadly have no chance of promotion  or even Toulouse. i think sl will pull the draw bridge up this season.Of course that would be a disgrace. SL and rl keep shooting themselves in the foot with a machine gun.

Haven't SL just reiterated that there will be P/R at the end of this season? 

12 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Ha ha I've got to have my two penneth when it comes to you and Coolie. My two favourite characters 😃

I see you hold the same view as I do. Both BSJ and Coolie are fictional characters, designed by Totalrl to blur the line between reality and fiction.

8 minutes ago, the old nine ole said:

Not only are Beckett and Ferguson not plying for us .... they have both been named in the Fev squad!! 

That's  true but you got to understand the RFL says you have to name a 21 man squad and  at the minute the 21 named in this weeks squad  apart from a young winger are the only 21 available for selection 😀

Only jimmy has an outside chance of playing but I doubt either will trouble the scorer

1 hour ago, POR said:

That's  true but you got to understand the RFL says you have to name a 21 man squad and  at the minute the 21 named in this weeks squad  apart from a young winger are the only 21 available for selection 😀

Only jimmy has an outside chance of playing but I doubt either will trouble the scorer

The big breaking loan news is that Dale Ferguson and Jimmy Beckett have been recalled by the Rovers ahead of this weekend’s visit of Dewsbury where both have been playing on loan. 

The recall comes as Rovers face several injury setbacks in the pack including Craig Kopczak, Junior Moors and now James Harrison.  Harrison was injured during Saturday’s 44-14 victory over York.  Whilst we await a verdict on how long the talismanic forward will be out for, Beckett and Ferguson can now come into contention having picked up game time at Dewsbury.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

You don't need big worms on your hook to catch a fervent traditionalist, do you?

Funny thing here is that I typed flat capper, all as one word, and the forum changed it to "traditionalist" which makes no sense whatsoever.

13 minutes ago, LeagueConvert said:

The big breaking loan news is that Dale Ferguson and Jimmy Beckett have been recalled by the Rovers ahead of this weekend’s visit of Dewsbury where both have been playing on loan. 

The recall comes as Rovers face several injury setbacks in the pack including Craig Kopczak, Junior Moors and now James Harrison.  Harrison was injured during Saturday’s 44-14 victory over York.  Whilst we await a verdict on how long the talismanic forward will be out for, Beckett and Ferguson can now come into contention having picked up game time at Dewsbury.

Truly, the loan system as operated this season is little short of farcical.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Truly, the loan system as operated this season is little short of farcical.

Not disagreeing, because normally such short-term loans are farcical, but I think it has had to be this way this year.

Even a club with a big squad such as Fev have barely been able to field 17 some weeks because of Covid and injuries. So if say a 1 month minimum loan period applied, I doubt anyone would ever get loaned out for fear of not having 17 players each week, and that would lead to more matches being cancelled.

Maybe Fergie was always likely to be a 1 week loan for the Rams if Fev suffered another injury (ie Harrison) but if he and Beckett made the difference between the Widnes game being on and off, maybe that was the lesser of two evils.

15 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Not disagreeing, because normally such short-term loans are farcical, but I think it has had to be this way this year.

Even a club with a big squad such as Fev have barely been able to field 17 some weeks because of Covid and injuries. So if say a 1 month minimum loan period applied, I doubt anyone would ever get loaned out for fear of not having 17 players each week, and that would lead to more matches being cancelled.

Maybe Fergie was always likely to be a 1 week loan for the Rams if Fev suffered another injury (ie Harrison) but if he and Beckett made the difference between the Widnes game being on and off, maybe that was the lesser of two evils.

Yeah and a good win for Rams last week.

Archived