Featherstone (A)

Wakefield Ram

35 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

I remember a 40-0 defeat there only too well.

why are you replying to yourself....have you come to Gloat and no one is about ?..

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Well done for turning up and playing despite the issues that your club and team clearly had! You do the game and club great credit.

The lads out there put a shift in today. They worked their rear ends off and it was clear to see they just had nothing left at the end. Whilst Beckett and Fergeson would likely have help in term of interchanges l think its fair to say the result would likely have been the same. Credit to the boys....they gave everything today. Sometimes class just outweighs effort. On to next week now.

58 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Thank you,only wish our own fan’s could see this.

See what... did I miss something?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

6 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

Yes we lost heavy today .... but scored the best try!!  I thought Gabes was quick ... but that was really impressive!! 

Showed some wheels did the lad. Thought Frankie Halton showed a big turn of pace for a second rower to be the closest to catching him!

10 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

See what... did I miss something?

Yes.

No change there then.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

9 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

Yes we lost heavy today .... but scored the best try!!  I thought Gabes was quick ... but that was really impressive!! 

Yes it was impressive. Nobody was going to catch him; you could tell the determination and concentration he had and his high stepping action (but not quite Harry Bev style!) showed his pace. 
Sadly that was it for our scoring. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Seems two hours before kick off we had insufficient players for the match with the RFL ready to postpone the fixture. Somehow we then managed to find some players. 

I understand that missing, because Covid got in the way again were Dixon, Martin, Magrin and Ryder. 
One player failed to turn up. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

3 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Seems two hours before kick off we had insufficient players for the match with the RFL ready to postpone the fixture. Somehow we then managed to find some players. 

I understand that missing, because Covid got in the way again were Dixon, Martin, Magrin and Ryder. 
One player failed to turn up. 

Who failed to turn up? 

1 hour ago, Crown Flatter said:

Sorry, but I am not at liberty to say right now.

I’ll guess Mr Finn.  Was in squad but not mentioned in dispatches 

50 minutes ago, NickD said:

I’ll guess Mr Finn.  Was in squad but not mentioned in dispatches 

He was a water carrier if you look at the photos.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Shame the match wasn't pulled ,looking at that ,yet another  horrendous score line,with this coach. How sick are players getting with covid ,any body know? On radio leeds fev. coach thanked Dews. for playing. Our coach didn't mention the game at all. He said "we'll play even if we only have 15 players." We will always play."  A very odd thing to say i think.

4 minutes ago, silcoates said:

Shame the match wasn't pulled ,looking at that ,yet another  horrendous score line,with this coach. How sick are players getting with covid ,any body know? On radio leeds fev. coach thanked Dews. for playing. Our coach didn't mention the game at all. He said "we'll play even if we only have 15 players." We will always play."  A very odd thing to say i think.

He said it at the beginning of the season. As we are hopefully safe from relegation, then it doesn't make any difference and I guess it builds goodwill given two Fev players helped us beat Widnes.

11 hours ago, silcoates said:

If you compare the game at home and this game taking into account the players we had available it is a clear improvement. With 10 minutes to go it was 42-6. The sin bin was always going to hurt us. 

15 hours ago, silcoates said:

I read it as a direct criticism of certain clubs who seem to have adopted the approach that actually playing matches is simply an option.

18 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I read it as a direct criticism of certain clubs who seem to have adopted the approach that actually playing matches is simply an option.

If I was a cynical coach, I'd have called it off, saved the players from a hiding, protected our win % and points difference advantage over Oldham. No wonder the Fev coach was grateful we played, improved their win% and points difference.

Archived