Featherstone (A)

Wakefield Ram

26 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

If I was a cynical coach, I'd have called it off, saved the players from a hiding, protected our win % and points difference advantage over Oldham. No wonder the Fev coach was grateful we played, improved their win% and points difference.

...and the players wouldn't get any match fees, even if it was losing pay. I can't see them being too happy about that.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

If I was a cynical coach, I'd have called it off, saved the players from a hiding, protected our win % and points difference advantage over Oldham. No wonder the Fev coach was grateful we played, improved their win% and points difference.

Big fines for Salford Castleford and Huddersfield today for breaking covid protocol. Clubs in the championship have a good record compared with super League for trying to stage games instead of trying not to. Recently being Dewsbury Batley York and Fev. Get a couple of injuries too and clubs are in great difficulties trying to fulfill games. I don't think Fev would have had thoughts of their win percentage.They and us fans were just pleased that there was a game to play and watch. It would mean a vast turn around of events if Fev lost second place and indeed the two players loaned to you helped keep Dewsbury safe and I for one am happy that happened.

2 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Only if you had at least 7 of your (top 25, if same rules as SL) players unavailable due to Covid. Judging by Greenwood's comments it was only 6, so it would have gone down as a 24-0 loss making your win% the same as having played and lost - points average% would be slightly better. Add in potential additional sanctions such as a points deduction and/or fine for failing to fulfil a fixture and you can see why the club wanted to play.

10 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Only if you had at least 7 of your (top 25, if same rules as SL) players unavailable due to Covid. Judging by Greenwood's comments it was only 6, so it would have gone down as a 24-0 loss making your win% the same as having played and lost - points average% would be slightly better. Add in potential additional sanctions such as a points deduction and/or fine for failing to fulfil a fixture and you can see why the club wanted to play.

I'm sure with some lemon juice we could have made it 7 😉

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Wouldn't other duty of care rules come in though LTS if, due to a combination of Covid and injuries a club only had, say, 15 fit players available? (A hypothetical point, I know, but relevant.)

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

21 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

I d be o know abd so do you as the name is now the heading of a new topic. 

Hot tip... never post when ######

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Archived