Sun 22 Aug: SL: Leigh Centurions v Salford Red Devils KO 16:30

Who will win?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Centurions
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/08/21 at 16:00

2 hours ago, The Future is League said:

For the record Oldham who are win less and bottom of the 4th tier of English soccer drew a bigger crowd that the Leigh V Red Devils and Oldham played a team who are 237 miles away and until  Saturday they were win less as well

They were winless in 3 out of 46 games. Slight difference to winless in 16 out of what would appear to be an unspecified number of games, with relegation more or less confirmed. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Future is League said:

Prior to Saturday Oldham were 0.3 and now they are 0.4

They were 0.3 when the crowd turned up.

Sheffield United are winless in the second tier and got a bigger crowd than any Super League team has had for years, maybe ever, for any regular League game. Maybe we should have a zero team Super League.

1 minute ago, phiggins said:

They were 0.3 when the crowd turned up.

Sheffield United are winless in the second tier and got a bigger crowd than any Super League team has had for years, maybe ever, for any regular League game. Maybe we should have a zero team Super League.

They probably have a marketing department which if run eight is a big earner for them.

I'm not even sure the RFL has one and probably don't know what one is.

50 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

I have posted many times what the clubs should be doing.

I haven't seen anything from you about how clubs can increase crowds so i would welcome your views, but lets be perfectly honest less than 3,500 is totally unacceptable for a Super League derby isn't it, when they was up against nothing in the area on the sporting front

I asked you what the ' sport ' should do , not the club 

57 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Prior to Saturday Oldham were 0.3 and now they are 0.4

Not my place to get frustrated with trash on any forum but anyone who wants to compare RL with football is just barking mad and and sad. 

I dont give two hoots about Boundary Park, or football in general because after all, it is our National sport. Probably more people watching Warrington Town recently but who cares? 

Didn't Leeds only muster 10k this weekend?  A city 10 times Leighs size yet no comments because we all know this season has been a farce! Leeds should have 33k on! 

Put Leigh in the Championship and have your Toulouse. You expansionist hiding behind various user names need to disappear. I will gladly go back to Fev and Batley and pay my money where its needed. Leigh have won one game on Rugby League FFS in a league which is skewed, unbalanced, unfair, poor and bloody boring! 

15 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Not my place to get frustrated with trash on any forum but anyone who wants to compare RL with football is just barking mad and and sad. 

I dont give two hoots about Boundary Park, or football in general because after all, it is our National sport. Probably more people watching Warrington Town recently but who cares? 

Didn't Leeds only muster 10k this weekend?  A city 10 times Leighs size yet no comments because we all know this season has been a farce! Leeds should have 33k on! 

Put Leigh in the Championship and have your Toulouse. You expansionist hiding behind various user names need to disappear. I will gladly go back to Fev and Batley and pay my money where its needed. Leigh have won one game on Rugby League FFS in a league which is skewed, unbalanced, unfair, poor and bloody boring! 

Stop beating about the bush Snowy , tell it as you see it 😁

I'm sorry! I seem to have driven this thread off topic. I didn't mean to do so. I just wanted to offer congatulations to Leigh, express my dismay at Salford and state an opinion on the unfairness of the present set-up.

There must be dozens of ways to arrange our game, none of which will be perfect, but few of which will be as unfair as this one. The rfl should select the best for the game as a whole, not just super league. However, that discussion belongs elsewhere.

Well done, Leigh! Pull your bloody socks up, Salford! And good luck to the rfl, you will need it!

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Archived