Sat 21 Aug: SL: Hull FC v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 15:00 (TV)

Who will win?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/08/21 at 14:30

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, this match thread discussion has got off to a good start....any worthwhile predictions anyone or shall we stick with pathetic points scoring from the usual individuals?

Aside from Josh Griffin and Masi Matongo, Hull look to be able to field a near full strength side.

Having said that, Rovers are in good nick at the moment so throw in the derby factor and who knows?

I'll be there but not in the West Upper...

Hull FC 22 Rervers 20.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I’m expecting Hull to have close to a full side, whereas Rovers have got at least 6 of our first 13 out - with disrupted halves pairing, full back and edge teams.

If it was close to a full side for each competing I’d be very confident, but this is genuinely pretty close to a B team for us now. Hopefully the occasion will pull is through. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

7 hours ago, Ullman said:

It's a real 11.92 percenter this one.

Good grief man, you ain't been sleeping with that rough bit of plastic Carol Vordeman have you?

46 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Good grief man, you ain't been sleeping with that rough bit of plastic Carol Vordeman have you?

spacer.png

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

15 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

I’m expecting Hull to have close to a full side, whereas Rovers have got at least 6 of our first 13 out - with disrupted halves pairing, full back and edge teams.

If it was close to a full side for each competing I’d be very confident, but this is genuinely pretty close to a B team for us now. Hopefully the occasion will pull is through. 

Won’t matter about that, they are in form and playing well.  

The form book favours Hull KR but its the Hull derby so you can throw that out the Window. Hull FC to win.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

No Chris Satae for Hull, here's the two squads before the cut to 18 :

Hull FC 21-man squad: Jake Connor, Bureta Faraimo, Carlos Tuimavave, Josh Reynolds, Marc Sneyd, Scott Taylor, Danny Houghton, Andre Savelio, Manu Ma’u, Ligi Sao, Joe Cator, Jordan Lane, Jordan Johnstone, Brad Fash, Ben McNamara, Jack Brown, Adam Swift, Josh Bowden, Cameron Scott, Connor Wynne, Jamie Shaul

Hull KR 21-man squad: Ben Crooks, Greg Minikin, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Ryan Hall, Albert Vete, Matt Parcell, Korbin Sims, Brad Takairangi, Kane Linnett, Jez Litten, George Lawler, George King, Matty Storton, Mikey Lewis, Joe Keyes, Rowan Milnes, Will Maher, Luis Johnson, Muizz Mustapha, Will Tate, Jimmy Keinhorst

4 hours ago, Leonard said:

Hopefully Pearson gets a good hiding and gets back in his box.

Classy remark.

Was hoping Abdull might return for this game but alas not. Hull 'should' have the edge at HB up against 2 young kids with a handful of games between them.

Kenny-Dowall came back on against Wigan with the help of a pain killing jab but he'll need another to feature. He has the same injury as Hurrell who is out for the season so would probably be advised not to. Ethan Ryan came back from a broken wrist only to break his other wrist so that's his season finished along with Quinlan, Hadley and Minchella.

We might just have a few too many missing to beat Hull at their place especially with a lot of players returning for them. Very canny of them to cancel the game at Warrington but then play against Catalans so as to clear their suspensions for the Rovers game.

As ever Hull will pepper the corners with kicks and hope to get mistakes. It could all boil down to whether Crooks keeps hold of the bombs or gifts tries as he has done in the previous 2 games.

2 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

We might just have a few too many missing to beat Hull at their place especially with a lot of players returning for them. Very canny of them to cancel the game at Warrington but then play against Catalans so as to clear their suspensions for the Rovers game.

Agree, Rovers with half a team missing - and all in key positions - will struggle even against Hull I think 

Their cynical manipulation of the COVID protocols has been impressive too. But then it is their Cup Final tomorrow eh, bless ‘em 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

14 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

But then it is their Cup Final tomorrow eh, bless ‘em 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Not another cup final for us?

We should be okay then as we've done alright in the last two...😛

Archived