Sat 21 Aug: SL: Hull FC v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 15:00 (TV)

Who will win?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/08/21 at 14:30

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Well we couldn't find a TV with it on in Norwich so has to make do sitting round the phone in Weatherspoons. Don't think people had a clue what we were celebrating!

12 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

My plan today

1. Gym AM

2. Activity with kids (park) 

3. Cook late lunch for family while avoiding Hull derby score

4.Huge clean up of house and chores while avoiding score

5. 6pm - sit down with beers and snacks for the highlight of my weekend... watch the game as live whilst rest of family watch a movie upstairs 

It DIDN'T tape!!!!!!!!! The **** didn't ******** tape!!! 

So I came here hoping to hear I  missed a dreadful one sided bore fest.... but oh no! You lot all write.... 

"Best game of the season" 

"What a belter" 

"Nail-biting and I just didn't want it to end" 

You are all b******s and so are SKY

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

On 20/08/2021 at 17:49, DimmestStar said:

We might just have a few too many missing to beat Hull at their place

😲

I take it you really meant "the Council owned stadium run by the SMC who's lease is currently owned by Hull City AFC and will be for another 6 years"...

May be a Twitter screenshot of 1 person and text that says "Alex Moody @A_MooMoo87 2h When Fariamo scored the Rovers fans threw pint glasses on to the pitch, @joshreynolds9 picked a pint up, took a swig and then spat it at the Rovers fans Legendary status right there @joshreynolds9 please tel me this is true 2 17 6 24 josh reynolds @joshreynolds9 35m Can confirm but was not a pint was bourbon and coke that's why spat it out I'm not a fan but thanks to the rovers fan who threw it on the field my shout next time 7 15 94"

2 minutes ago, bratman said:

Related to another discussion... do you think this behaviour from fans impacts attendances?

I wouldn't say it does to any great extent but there will always be a very small percentage of people put off attending as there will always be a very small percentage of morons spoiling it for everyone else.

From reports it sounds like there was some trouble outside the ground which is very disappointing and was in complete contrast to the atmosphere in the Botanic pub after the game where both Hull and Rovers fans mixed in great humour. The landlord was playing such classics as "Old Faithful" and "When the Red, Red Robin..." which had everybody in fine voice and this wasn't even spoiled when he played my request of Abba's "The Winner Takes It All"...

15 minutes ago, bratman said:

Related to another discussion... do you think this behaviour from fans impacts attendances?

I can’t stand bottle-throwing idiots, they’re accountable for their own behaviour, but the FC players are professional sportsmen and need to take a look at themselves - scoring a try and then running up to opposing supporters and giving them a load of s*** is not what I’d want from my players. Neanderthals at both ends of that equation. Should be fined. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

22 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Great thanks, how soon after the game did it appear? 

No idea as I was out celebrating for quite some time. I know it takes ages to upload to youtube so I imagine that's why they did it in a low res 720 as I presume that speeds things up a bit.

Not that I know much about these things.

49 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

I can’t stand bottle-throwing idiots, they’re accountable for their own behaviour, but the FC players are professional sportsmen and need to take a look at themselves - scoring a try and then running up to opposing supporters and giving them a load of s*** is not what I’d want from my players. Neanderthals at both ends of that equation. Should be fined. 

I don't know what you mean...

No description available.

42 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Great thanks, how soon after the game did it appear? 

The upload date is today, and the first comment was posted 3 hours ago.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

29 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

I don't know what you mean...

No description available.

It’s not on, or funny though is it? Rovers few idiots were at the back of the stand. The front rows that this tool spat at - after he and the other idiots had goaded people - was mainly families and kids. If it was my kids he wouldn’t have been smiling for long. Which is kind of the point - pathetic behaviour like that from people supposedly professional will wind up even the most mild-mannered fan, is irresponsible, dangerous and should be punished 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

1 hour ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

It’s not on, or funny though is it? Rovers few idiots were at the back of the stand. The front rows that this tool spat at - after he and the other idiots had goaded people - was mainly families and kids. If it was my kids he wouldn’t have been smiling for long. Which is kind of the point - pathetic behaviour like that from people supposedly professional will wind up even the most mild-mannered fan, is irresponsible, dangerous and should be punished 

I couldn't agree more.

I wish they'd just let their rugby do the talking, but these are fairly young blokes who get plenty of stick from the crowd so probably feel they're fair game.

That, of course, doesn't mean it's right and I hope the clubs, plural because it's not just my lot, warn their players against doing it.

21 minutes ago, Josef K said:

How many was on at the game yesterday, it looked a decent crowd ?. 

I think I read somewhere it was around 14K plus a bit more.

1 hour ago, Josef K said:

Good crowd. 

FC used to get that for a normal game, this was a Derby with 4,000+ away fans. No wonder Pearson is feeling the pain 

On 21/08/2021 at 20:02, DimmestStar said:

There was no need to attempt a DG with  3tackles left and 25 seconds. And BTW....Lane was offside at the PTB so Rovers should have been given a simple penalty goal to win the game.

On 21/08/2021 at 20:12, Angelic Upstart said:

No way any ref in rugby league would have the balls to give that.

That's because he wasn't. He was a square marker and didn't encroach on the kicker until the ball had been played.

On another point, does anybody remember the disgraceful incident some months back when Lee Gaskell threw himself to the floor during the Hull KR v Huddersfield game which resulted in a disallowed Hull KR try as he made it look like SKD had obstructed him.

Seems after the disallowed Carlos Tuimavave try on 26 minutes that SKD has used that experience to good effect.

Just got round to watching the highlights. On the commentary, someone tries to adapt the NRL "harbour bridge pass" to "Humber bridge pass".

I'm guessing whoever said it doesn't have an architecture, engineering or physics degree.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Just got round to watching the highlights. On the commentary, someone tries to adapt the NRL "harbour bridge pass" to "Humber bridge pass".

I'm guessing whoever said it doesn't have an architecture, engineering or physics degree.

Any player that can pull off a Humber Bridge pass involving the ball going up quickly, then down in a loop, and back up for a final spike before dropping into a wingers hand deserves Man of the Match any week I reckon. Still waiting 

Archived