Fri 20 Aug: SL: Wigan Warriors v St Helens KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/08/21 at 19:15

Dodd speaks well too.  A good sign that he seems a smart lad with his head screwed on.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time for a clear out,starting with Lam & Radlinski.

Really feel for some of Wigan’s young forwards,they knocked their pans in last year getting us so close to a Grand Final win only to be let down by an abysmal lack of quality recruitment that has seen them having to try & do it all again and failing.

Only caught the 2nd half, but Wigan looked terrible. And not for the first time. Absolutely nothing in attack.

If you were an incoming coach at Wigan, how many of these players would you keep? Outside a few of the young players I think I could count on one hand the amount that I would want.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Not being funny, has Scully's voice gone up a few octaves? Used to be proper deep.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

7 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Really feel for some of Wigan’s young forwards,they knocked their pans in last year getting us so close to a Grand Final win only to be let down by an abysmal lack of quality recruitment that has seen them having to try & do it all again and failing.

Are they solely responsible for recruitment, though? I wonder how much Lenagan is involved.

3 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Isa was a disgrace. Why did Lam keep him on? That late hit deserves a massive ban. Needs irradicating from the game.

Good to see the pundits highlighting this. 

That attack on Welsby is awful. He’ll be lucky to be seen again this year.

8 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Agreed. The likes of Havard and Smithies are good players but are expected to lead the pack.

The equivalent player at Saints, Matty Lees, doesn't have that responsibility.

And questions must be asked of how inexperienced Wigan have allowed their pack to become.

I wonder if Tom Johnstone watched this game and thought..."I can't understand this...Willie Isa's not that sort of player"...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

6 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Fair enough.  Guess thats the non heartland fan in me.  My team would be hitting that in the corner and we'd probably turn it over on the second.  

No more to add tonight.  Hope Isa gets done and Wigan rebuild for next year. That game on Wednesday will be a sad sight I feel. 

Going from 12 behind to 14 behind (or even 13) has a huge impact on a team psychologically.

3 minutes ago, dkw said:

Going from 12 behind to 14 behind (or even 13) has a huge impact on a team psychologically.

Agreed. I’d always be going for 2 in that situation. The one a bit more baffling was Wigan gong for 2… hadn’t spent any time in the Saints 20 at that stage. 

17 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Good to see the pundits highlighting this. 

That attack on Welsby is awful. He’ll be lucky to be seen again this year.

Phil Clarke indicated he might get 2-5 games. For me, I’d suggest he should be looking at 8 games minimum. The Welsby attack was arguably worst but the shove on Grace who could’ve been concussed was callous and the attack of Percival in the air was at best clumsy, at worst vicious. Then he had at least 2 more head high shots

25 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

Agreed. The likes of Havard and Smithies are good players but are expected to lead the pack.

The equivalent player at Saints, Matty Lees, doesn't have that responsibility.

And questions must be asked of how inexperienced Wigan have allowed their pack to become.

We do have Clubb and Clarke but Lam would rather burn the younger players out. 

42 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

In my opinion Wigan should replace Lam immediately with O’Loughlin and Leuluai for the remainder of the season. It doesn’t make sense to carry on like this and although there aren’t many games left it might just kick-start an improvement.

Archived