Thu 19 Aug: SL: Warrington Wolves v Catalans Dragons (OFF)

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Catalans Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/08/21 at 19:15

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Results turned out well for Catalans in the last round, but I suspect this will be payback time.  The visitors' squad is pretty strong, but has a few key omissions due to injury; the Wire's looks stronger still.  I expect a Warrington win, possibly by about fifteen points.

This is the first of the 3 games that will decide the hubcap.

If Cats win then Wire's top place finished is pretty much over. If Wire win then it comes down to the 2 Saints games against Wire & Cats in a few weeks time

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

1 hour ago, Jim Prendle said:

Catalans to win comfortably.

You don't have to look very far back to see how flakey Wire are. Good players, the sum of which do not make a good team.

I hope you are right, Jim, but Catalans have twice had the chance to benefit from that flakiness and twice have failed.  I thought what was odd in one of those games was that Les Dracs threw the ball wide early doors and had the Wire defence clearly creaking at the edges, but then got more conservative, tried to bust up the middle and were much less effective.  I just didn't understand their tactics that day.

Catalans to win comfortably.

You don't have to look very far back to see how flakey Wire are. Good players, the sum of which do not make a good team.

Fair point but thats only to Yorkshire sides, wigan, Saints and Catalans (beat them twice this season in France) we seem less flakey, and its likely we will play one or more of these teams in the play offs. 

1 hour ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Fair point but thats only to Yorkshire sides, wigan, Saints and Catalans (beat them twice this season in France) we seem less flakey, and its likely we will play one or more of these teams in the play offs. 

I'm not sure it makes a difference where the teams come from. You may have beaten Wigan, Saints and Catalan, but you have also lost to Wakefield, Huddersfield, Castleford and Leeds. To me, that means flakey.

I'm not sure it makes a difference where the teams come from. You may have beaten Wigan, Saints and Catalan, but you have also lost to Wakefield, Huddersfield, Castleford and Leeds. To me, that means flakey.

Obviously it makes a difference, sides we would be expecting to win we probably don't prepare well enough, sides who are in and around the top you prepare for a tougher game. So if you want to call that flakey no problem, but apart from saints and Catalan we must be the top of the flakey league with wigan a distant second. 

8 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Obviously it makes a difference, sides we would be expecting to win we probably don't prepare well enough, sides who are in and around the top you prepare for a tougher game. So if you want to call that flakey no problem, but apart from saints and Catalan we must be the top of the flakey league with wigan a distant second. 

What does it matter what Wigan are? Wigan's form doesn't make you any better or worse, apart from making you look better when you beat us.

If it obviously makes a difference that Wire can't beat sides from Yorkshire then that just makes them even more flakey.

2 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

What does it matter what Wigan are? Wigan's form doesn't make you any better or worse, apart from making you look better when you beat us.

If it obviously makes a difference that Wire can't beat sides from Yorkshire then that just makes them even more flakey.

You must love your flakey discription, but i no problem with you calling Warrington flakey but it seems that you are just throwing a comment out for reactions. But we still managed to win some games against Yorkshire sides so if we are using your discription of Warrington as flakey it would be fair to compare Warrington's flakiness to wigans flakiness (if that is a word). 

27 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

You must love your flakey discription, but i no problem with you calling Warrington flakey but it seems that you are just throwing a comment out for reactions. But we still managed to win some games against Yorkshire sides so if we are using your discription of Warrington as flakey it would be fair to compare Warrington's flakiness to wigans flakiness (if that is a word). 

I wasn't comparing Warrington to any other club, but it seems to help you to come to terms with it.

If you have still won games against sides from Yorkshire why do you think it is obvious that Wire have a problem with sides from Yorkshire? Apart from their flakiness that is.

37 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

I wasn't comparing Warrington to any other club, but it seems to help you to come to terms with it.

If you have still won games against sides from Yorkshire why do you think it is obvious that Wire have a problem with sides from Yorkshire? Apart from their flakiness that is.

No problems jim I am well over coming to terms with any discription of Warrington’s problems. I have had years of practice. 

Warrington to win they are consistently inconsistent but on their day too good for Catalans.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

13 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

A picture paints a thousand words...

flake-ukulele.jpg?w=300&h=228

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

18 hours ago, Jim Prendle said:

So, by application of this logic every team in the league is, by default, 'flakey'. However, in Warringtons' case, I would agree that inconsistent high performance levels are consistently inconsistent. This inconsistency has been constant thorn is the side of Wire fans for as long as I care to remember.

3 hours ago, CiderWire said:

So, by application of this logic every team in the league is, by default, 'flakey'. However, in Warringtons' case, I would agree that inconsistent high performance levels are consistently inconsistent. This inconsistency has been constant thorn is the side of Wire fans for as long as I care to remember.

I wouldn’t argue with any of that but then that wasn’t my point in the first place.

This is a thread about Wires chances of beating Catalans and my point was about that, not that Wire are more or less flaky than any other team.

Archived