Thu 19 Aug: SL: Warrington Wolves v Catalans Dragons (OFF)

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Catalans Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/08/21 at 19:15

I haven’t read all the comments above, and I know why the game had to be postponed, but this is happening so regularly now that no wonder crows are massively down, I can barely be ar5ed with this season at all now, every time i’m looking forward to a game it gets cancelled. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well all I can say is at least my wife boys and myself have just been to a nice Indian in Warrington tonight having driven up from Kent:)

At least we have Wigan tomorrow and Hull on Saturday to look forward to.

Boys are happy as we still went to the stadium shop to pick up their pre ordered club shirts:) All ready and sorted very well run club 🙂

Goodnight from our hotel in Warrington:)

Paul

26 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Well all I can say is at least my wife boys and myself have just been to a nice Indian in Warrington tonight having driven up from Kent:)

At least we have Wigan tomorrow and Hull on Saturday to look forward to.

Boys are happy as we still went to the stadium shop to pick up their pre ordered club shirts:) All ready and sorted very well run club 🙂

Goodnight from our hotel in Warrington:)

Paul

Interesting reading this chap

I was considering taking the family to the Hull Derby and seeing if we can get a hotel this weekend (from Luton so not quite as far as you travelled) 

Think I'll wait now! 

Meanwhile Wigan play again tonight and then next Wednesday and then on 30th. With the inevitable injuries and suspensions. While these 2 put their feet up. We aren’t playing in the same competition by this point. It is absolutely ridiculous. There is simply no point to it. 

59 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Meanwhile Wigan play again tonight and then next Wednesday and then on 30th. With the inevitable injuries and suspensions. While these 2 put their feet up. We aren’t playing in the same competition by this point. It is absolutely ridiculous. There is simply no point to it. 

Catalan did it a couple of weeks ago. The Catalan are just behind Wigan with number of games played i think.

10 hours ago, Eddie said:

I haven’t read all the comments above, and I know why the game had to be postponed, but this is happening so regularly now that no wonder crows are massively down, I can barely be ar5ed with this season at all now, every time i’m looking forward to a game it gets cancelled. 

It's not just the postponements that have made me lose interest but the games on random days, Monday games with weekends free Wednesday games etc, I've lost track and have probably watched 2 games on TV this year.

It doesn't seem like any club is busting a gut to fit in the postponed fixtures. Everyone's going to get to 18 , so no-one really cares.

I think SL missed a trick here. Of course, games can be postponed for covid issues, but the onus should be on the postponing team to rearrange them. If they fail to do so they should forfeit the points.

Its circumstances like this that make the RFL look stupid. The press are stating 4 positive tests from within the Catalans camp and not the players which in itself doesn't reach the threshold for a postponement (which is 7 players who have a +ve test or close contact with someone who is +ve).

So why haven't the RFL issued a statement as to why the game was postponed ? If there are other circumstances which meant they meet the cancellation criteria, why not just tell everybody ? By not doing that they're just fuelling speculation that Catalans are now 'cheating the system' to guarantee they finish top of the league and get a home draw in the play-off's. If they didn't meet the criteria then its a mandatory 24-0 award to Warrington as they've done to other clubs this year.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

13 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

If there are other circumstances which meant they meet the cancellation criteria, why not just tell everybody ?

Exactly this.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Wire awarded the points.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

56 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Now the RFL do look stupid !!!

The RFL's own rules state 7 players and the Catalans have 4 non-playing staff, yet they're allowing them to postpone without consequence.

This is the RFL all over, moving the goalposts & bending their own rules every which way. If they want to salvage any shred of credibility then surely they must insist that the game be rearranged (at a time to suit Wire not Catalans) otherwise Wire be awarded a 24-0 win

I was disappointed by this and can imagine that disappointment would have been much greater if I had a ticket or was travelling to the game.

That said, I think some of the reactions to this from supporters of my own club and others have ranged from the hysterical to QAnon-style conspiracy theories. That probably isn't helped by the lack of information.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

6 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

The RFL's own rules state 7 players and the Catalans have 4 non-playing staff, yet they're allowing them to postpone without consequence.

This is the RFL all over, moving the goalposts & bending their own rules every which way. If they want to salvage any shred of credibility then surely they must insist that the game be rearranged (at a time to suit Wire not Catalans) otherwise Wire be awarded a 24-0 win

Thanks for the warm words. There was of course another club that enjoyed a post cup final rest which may have blazed a trail for some of these postponements. 

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

39 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Well not really. The RFL are claiming there’s two protocols. Covid impacts to the playing squad (positive tests and close contacts) and outbreaks (several positive tests)

Not heard about the second one before now, but that’s not to say the clubs aren’t aware, and may have been part of previous postponements when the playing squad for up to 7

1 hour ago, Saint Toppy said:

Q-Anon-Vee is the best place for this stuff I think.

Not least because of St Helens track record in this regard.

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Well not really. The RFL are claiming there’s two protocols. Covid impacts to the playing squad (positive tests and close contacts) and outbreaks (several positive tests)

Not heard about the second one before now, but that’s not to say the clubs aren’t aware, and may have been part of previous postponements when the playing squad for up to 7

When did this 2nd rule come in ??? Never seen anything published about it and can't find anything on the RFL Site about it under rules or Covid Protocols.

It should also be noted that clubs can still choose to go ahead with a game even if they record more than 7, so it now begs the question;

Did the RFL stop Catalans from playing or did Catalans choose not to play even though they never had 7 players missing ??

39 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

When did this 2nd rule come in ??? Never seen anything published about it and can't find anything on the RFL Site about it under rules or Covid Protocols.

It should also be noted that clubs can still choose to go ahead with a game even if they record more than 7, so it now begs the question;

Did the RFL stop Catalans from playing or did Catalans choose not to play even though they never had 7 players missing ??

The multiple case group has always been there. If you look back on previous incidents they have been quoted giving direction to teams when they can / cant train for instance

If you read the statement the RFL determined the game should be postponed not Catalans

16 minutes ago, Spidey said:

The multiple case group has always been there. If you look back on previous incidents they have been quoted giving direction to teams when they can / cant train for instance

If you read the statement the RFL determined the game should be postponed not Catalans

I was aware of that but there was never anything about them being able to postpone games outside of the other rule of 7

Archived