Thu 19 Aug: SL: Warrington Wolves v Catalans Dragons (OFF)

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Catalans Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/08/21 at 19:15

41 minutes ago, zorquif said:

Why wouldn't information in this respect be made public - if only to avoid situations like this?

Exactly - when they published the Covid protocols they only mentioned the 7 player rule for postponements and the Multiple cases group was only ever talked about in the context of training, bubbles etc.

Someone at the RFL is **** poor at their job if they can't convey this information to the fans or the press

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Exactly - when they published the Covid protocols they only mentioned the 7 player rule for postponements and the Multiple cases group was only ever talked about in the context of training, bubbles etc.

Someone at the RFL is **** poor at their job if they can't convey this information to the fans or the press

Maybe Martyn could do some investigating in between structure debates?

As far as I’m aware only a local Warrington journo bothered to ask for further information from the RFL

5 hours ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Should be or have been,  mate? 

Got a message earlier saying it was on seriousaboutrl.com but can't see it now. Might have been boĺlicks but didn't have time to check.

Apologies.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Well done Warrington Wolves:) Having missed out on the match last night after the trip up from Kent it was disappointing but nice to see the kids enjoying themselves today excellent community club.

Just back from the Wigan Warriors v St Helens match we left early our 12 year old is autistic and the language where we were sitting was so bad my wife pleaded with me to go after after half time, we all know passions can run high but when they are grown men (Who have been in the VIP area and had a nice pre match) using the F word every other second its a bit too much bear when your have children with you.

I have lots of respect for Wigan however my observation tonight is that they have a huge image problem locally in being able to attract families to me it was without doubt mainly an older fan base.

Oh well off to Hull tomorrow:)

Paul

I've been a couple of times when I've been visiting family, my kids felt intimidated and asked why everyone was so angry and how they can speak about their own players the way they do, I suppose a it depends how lucky you are with seat allocation, the worst was for a grand final. 

A couple of angry fans where shown on sky a couple of times last night and their team was winning 😂

We've seen a few angry fans at the Catalan too but usually towards the ref! 

20 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Got a message earlier saying it was on seriousaboutrl.com but can't see it now. Might have been boĺlicks but didn't have time to check.

Apologies.

No problem - as it happens, we should have taken the 24 point loss last night and given ourselves the night off, thus avoiding more injuries and suspensions…

Of course i have no proof, I said this is what it stinks of. The lack of information forthcoming also increases that stink

On 20/08/2021 at 06:20, Exiled Wiganer said:

Meanwhile Wigan play again tonight and then next Wednesday and then on 30th. With the inevitable injuries and suspensions. While these 2 put their feet up. We aren’t playing in the same competition by this point. It is absolutely ridiculous. There is simply no point to it. 

There is simply no point to it. 

Yes. Its a season in name only. As far as I can tell, the only point in the current circumstances is to somehow keep the game going until a return some sort of normality.

Criticism by some on here of low and falling crowds is opportunistic and disingenuous in the extreme. Covid 19 has not gone away: Infections are still rising, players are still getting infected. A full house at Old Trafford for soccer does not mean that it is safe to attend, just that people are allowed to do so. Just because you are allowed to do something, it does not mean you must do it.  A lot of people are taking responsibility for their own safety by not putting themselves at risk. 

I'm just happy that there are enough games still going ahead to keep my interest alive, crowds or no crowds.

On 20/08/2021 at 22:42, ATLANTISMAN said:

Well done Warrington Wolves:) Having missed out on the match last night after the trip up from Kent it was disappointing but nice to see the kids enjoying themselves today excellent community club.

Just back from the Wigan Warriors v St Helens match we left early our 12 year old is autistic and the language where we were sitting was so bad my wife pleaded with me to go after after half time, we all know passions can run high but when they are grown men (Who have been in the VIP area and had a nice pre match) using the F word every other second its a bit too much bear when your have children with you.

I have lots of respect for Wigan however my observation tonight is that they have a huge image problem locally in being able to attract families to me it was without doubt mainly an older fan base.

Oh well off to Hull tomorrow:)

Paul

I am sorry you found it like that. In my 45 years of going, and many hundreds of matches  as a child and taking kids there, I have never experienced circumstances like you describe. I have come across similar scenes at other grounds, indeed many of my friends and family would never attend matches in Warrington. Like you, I have lots of respect for Warrington. 

20 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I am sorry you found it like that. In my 45 years of going, and many hundreds of matches  as a child and taking kids there, I have never experienced circumstances like you describe. I have come across similar scenes at other grounds, indeed many of my friends and family would never attend matches in Warrington. Like you, I have lots of respect for Warrington. 

Morning Exiled thanks for post, i think we were just unlucky (Still no excuses for it though) problem we have is with an autistic child someone nearby getting angry and abusive scares them, overall though at least we rounded the weekend off with the Hull derby yesterday which was great fun shame about the Warrington match being cancelled.

Its a fairly easy drive back to Kent from Hull we were all tucked up in bed by 10-30pm and that was after the McDonalds stop on the A1:)

Next matches Kent T/Twenty Friday at Canterbury and London Broncos next Sunday:)

Have a good week

Cheers

Paul

21 hours ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

21 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Morning Exiled thanks for post, i think we were just unlucky (Still no excuses for it though) problem we have is with an autistic child someone nearby getting angry and abusive scares them, overall though at least we rounded the weekend off with the Hull derby yesterday which was great fun shame about the Warrington match being cancelled.

Its a fairly easy drive back to Kent from Hull we were all tucked up in bed by 10-30pm and that was after the McDonalds stop on the A1:)

Next matches Kent T/Twenty Friday at Canterbury and London Broncos next Sunday:)

Have a good week

Cheers

Paul

Sorry to jump into the conversation folks, but I have found this kind of situation at pretty much every ground I have been to without exception. And tbh, in grounds with thousands of people from some of the towns and cities the clubs represent, it is not a surprise. 

I am still trying to take my 5 year old daughter to her first game, but she is at a stage where she is a touch sensitive and aggressive behaviour and noise would genuinely scare her, so it may not be best just yet. I do wish clubs would make a bit more effort with family areas I. E. proper stewarding that tells the nobbers to wind it in or leave, and creating an atmosphere that lends itself to young kids having fun. 

Archived