NRL Match Thread - Round 23 - 2021

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

77min: Euan Aitken try?   Ref said no, bunker bunking ..... says TRY

Commentators confused, they said it was grounded by Broncos. They think bunker hit the wrong button.

Walsh missed the goal. and probably saved some embarrassment for officials.

Broncos 24 - 22

In my Run to the Finals thread I say there are actually 4 groups at the moment. While I expect Storm, Panthers and Manly to win this week, those margins are really a reflection of betting activity more than anything. Those 3 favourites are (realistically) such short prices that the bookies need to offer bigger margins to generate some interest in the margin markets.

If you look at the Knights/Titans game, where the dividends are currently 1.85/1.95, the margin there is only 1.5 partly because they are getting cash volume on the straight win market.

Things can change quickly. Earlier this year Parra beat the Storm and Wests beat Panthers (admittedly a heavily-Origin-depleted Panthers.) Manly beat the Dogs 66-0 so the current margin being offered on that game is very generous. Especially if Tom Turbo plays.

Archived