Why couldn’t they show Leeds V Hudds tonight?

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

These are quite big operations, I don't think you just unplug the camera, throw it in the back of the car and drive over the Pennines and plug it back in. 

Exactly. It’s why there are no football or cricket matches played at a ground the day before where the game is to be televised 

Just now, Dallas Mead said:

Agreed, but with 6/7 hours notice? 🤷‍♂️ would they do it for the premier league for a match 55 miles away?  We all know the answer.

What is the answer?

Mind you Sky televise all Premier League matches just not all in the UK

41 minutes ago, Dallas Mead said:

The wire game was called off by lunchtime. Is it beyond the wit of man and a multi billion pounds sports broadcast company to move the game 1.5 hours up the road with many hours notice?

Minuscule sport to Sky, as we know.

I've worked in tv and film and it doesn't really work like that.

46 minutes ago, Dallas Mead said:

The wire game was called off by lunchtime. Is it beyond the wit of man and a multi billion pounds sports broadcast company to move the game 1.5 hours up the road with many hours notice?

Your lack of understanding of how big an operation this would be suggests you really need to sit back and  learn from what people post in reply to your OP.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

The game is clearly being recorded, as it is shown on the Super League show, or whatever it is called. Couldn’t Sky plug into that as they have exclusive rights and provide commentary from the HJ stadium. Or, better still, just show the game with no commentary!

37 minutes ago, Dallas Mead said:

Agreed, but with 6/7 hours notice? 🤷‍♂️ would they do it for the premier league for a match 55 miles away?  We all know the answer.

You'll probably waste all of that just packing everything up and traveling.

This is an article about what's involved in the production of a championship soccer game. RL may be a scaled down version in terms of numbers but it will be as complicated.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2015/04/21/behind-the-scenes-with-sky-sports-at-molineux/

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

4 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

The game is clearly being recorded, as it is shown on the Super League show, or whatever it is called. Couldn’t Sky plug into that as they have exclusive rights and provide commentary from the HJ stadium. Or, better still, just show the game with no commentary!

You may not believe this but Sky do have standards, they would not want to put something out that would appear amateurish on one of their sports channels. It could tarnish the brand.

3 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

It's not being recorded to the standard of a regular Sky Sports match. 

They couldn't switch games at late notice. If they'd gone with a cut down set up, with less cameras for a video ref, some would have moaned about that too.

Every Premier League game is set up with the full works because they go worldwide. Super League obviously isn't so it's a stupid comparison.

27 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Imagine the uproar on this forum if they showed it with no commentary 😂

I have been at many stadiums helping instal temporary LED signage for a match and have witnessed the SKY team setting up and taking things down.

The amount of cabling involved alone is massive,i remember a RU game at Richmond finished at 5PM on a Sunday we left at 9PM and the SKY team were still at it.

Not too mention setting the whole thing up again.

Paul

4 hours ago, Dallas Mead said:

They probably thought who wants to watch Leeds v Huddersfield.

11 hours ago, Dallas Mead said:

Completely different scenarios, the Premier League handle their own outside broadcasting set up and distribute the pictures to the media outlets.

They have the same set up at every game.

Rugby League doesn't.

It has one set up for the game that day.

As others have said already, it isn't just a case of unplugging a couple of cameras and off we go, it's a massive logistical operation, usually taking 5-6 hours to set up, another 2-3 hours to take down and put away etc and involves miles of cables and 2 truck loads of equipment.

8 hours ago, bentleyman said:

Turn Barry M off hes awful !!

Ah, another Linda Ronstadt fan singing the forum's anthem , sung about anything and everything done by those in control of the game, invested in the clubs, officiating at games etc etc

"Feelin' better now that we're through
Feelin' better, 'cause I'm over you
I learned my lesson, it left a scar
Now I see how you really are
You're no good
You're no good
You're no good
Baby, you're no good
I'm gonna say it again
You're no good
You're no good
You're no good