Why couldn’t they show Leeds V Hudds tonight?

14 hours ago, johnh1 said:

The game is clearly being recorded, as it is shown on the Super League show, or whatever it is called. Couldn’t Sky plug into that as they have exclusive rights and provide commentary from the HJ stadium. Or, better still, just show the game with no commentary!

Believe me they did you all a favour by not showing it!!!!

33 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Believe me they did you all a favour by not showing it!!!!

yep your absolutely correct. Having watched it I would imagine the negativity would have been huge on this forum if more had watched on TV.

4 hours ago, Spidey said:

Next year you'd hope this won't be an issue with full production at every game

Unless I’ve missed something, it wouldn’t be a full broadcast set up though, would it?

15 hours ago, Dave T said:

These are quite big operations, I don't think you just unplug the camera, throw it in the back of the car and drive over the Pennines and plug it back in. 

That isn’t actually that far off the mark if the games are at Wigan, Hull and Huddersfield. All of the cabling that takes hours and hours to sort out at your average SL ground is actually hard-wired in as ‘plug in and play’ as part of Premier League minimum stadium standards.

5 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Unless I’ve missed something, it wouldn’t be a full broadcast set up though, would it?

That isn’t actually that far off the mark if the games are at Wigan, Hull and Huddersfield. All of the cabling that takes hours and hours to sort out at your average SL ground is actually hard-wired in as ‘plug in and play’ as part of Premier League minimum stadium standards.

Aye, it does rather ignore all of the other logistics though that are at play. 

Im packing for a camping trip and spent considerably more than 7 hours doing that and I haven't got a thing in the car yet 😂

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Google it. Ken Davy spoke at length about it a few months back

So the answer to my question is that it isn't a live broadcast for non-Sky games as streaming is a very different set up. So in reality not very different at all to the current situation.

3 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

So the answer to my question is that it isn't a live broadcast for non-Sky games as streaming is a very different set up. So in reality not very different at all to the current situation.

Wasn't all about streaming...... and different to the two camera set up on Our League

I guess as a business if something is important enough you plan contingencies...

One or the other or both don't see it as important enough.

I mean we are still in covid times and likelihood of cancellations at short notice are relatively high.

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Aye, it does rather ignore all of the other logistics though that are at play. 

Im packing for a camping trip and spent considerably more than 7 hours doing that and I haven't got a thing in the car yet 😂

It would have taken considerably less than 7 hours had you stayed off here during your 'annual leave'! This place is for pensioners and work avoidance!

7 minutes ago, redjonn said:

I guess as a business if something is important enough you plan contingencies...

One or the other or both don't see it as important enough.

I mean we are still in covid times and likelihood of cancellations at short notice are relatively high.

Or, these things happen and that's that.

Archived