NZRU.

frank

Due to Covid and the lockdown here in NZ the above are unable to finish their season. They are considering  taking the teams(five) involved in their comp  to Europe to finish the season.

This brings things  back to the WC and how the Aussies treat our game to their own end. They could have made their position clear earlier instead of using Covid to get out of it.  Personally I  don't think  things will change next year.

3 hours ago, frank said:

Due to Covid and the lockdown here in NZ the above are unable to finish their season. They are considering  taking the teams(five) involved in their comp  to Europe to finish the season.

This brings things  back to the WC and how the Aussies treat our game to their own end. They could have made their position clear earlier instead of using Covid to get out of it.  Personally I  don't think  things will change next year.

Well there were 111 covid related deaths in the UK yesterday but of course the distraction of Kabul has conveniently been added to the mix. 

Profit and corporate interest is now the main driving point as infection rates hover at around 30,000 per day 

With that in mind can we really blame anyone for not wanting to come to the UK 

2 hours ago, The storm said:

Well there were 111 covid related deaths in the UK yesterday but of course the distraction of Kabul has conveniently been added to the mix. 

Profit and corporate interest is now the main driving point as infection rates hover at around 30,000 per day 

With that in mind can we really blame anyone for not wanting to come to the UK 

Let's be clear - 111 people died who just happened to have covid as well as other issues - they all didn't die of covid - big difference. 

Edit to say is this not cross code / political??

Just now, Eddie said:

And to give the Aussies a further excuse not to have come for the RLWC. 

I assume you're thinking back to 2001 when the Aussies initially refused to travel because their plane would be going near Afghanistan.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, Eddie said:

Did that really happen? 

It did. It really did.

This is a summary of the situation. There was more detail at the time but I can't find those via a quick google: https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/other-sport/australia-cancel-ashes-tour-1970265

Took about a week of direct lobbying to get the tour reinstated in a reduced form.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

With the All Blacks top of the Rugby Championship after 1 game played, this stinks of them managing the games they have to play by using Covid to engineer their place I'm the table.

Although now I type that it does sound just as silly as those posts in the Catalan game thread saying the same thing.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Did that really happen? 

Not totally true for all the Aussies, Jason Ryles was so thrilled to be picked for Australia that he said he`d play the series in Afghanistan if he had to.

51 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Not totally true for all the Aussies, Jason Ryles was so thrilled to be picked for Australia that he said he`d play the series in Afghanistan if he had to.

Different times... Could you ever imagine any future Australian players being bothered in the slightest about playing for their country? 

Archived