Rob Burrow Statue

Very well done to Leeds, let’s get this statue done ASAP to celebrate this fabulous man - and his wonderful family.

I read somewhere Leeds looking for donations….anyone know where I can find the details of where to send my contribution.

Rugby League fan (1st)

Wigan fan (2nd)

Initial rendering here. The club say this one will be placed inside the stadium (John Holmes is at the South Stand main entrance) which I would expect means in the North East or South East corners, probably the former.

Sinfield-Burrow-statue.jpg

Good stuff. Shouldn't require nearly as much material as the Cunningham one, hope they hit the target quickly.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

6 hours ago, M j M said:

Initial rendering here. The club say this one will be placed inside the stadium (John Holmes is at the South Stand main entrance) which I would expect means in the North East or South East corners, probably the former.

It's hard to visualize where it will be situated  but I hope it will be easy access for the public to view . I was thinking just at the area near the old slope where they used to enter from the old dressing rooms 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

When someone becomes known more for their off-field story, it can possibly obscure their on-field accomplishments.

For a statue I`d prefer an action-shot image that captures what a special player Rob was, one that illustrates his significance in demonstrating that RL continues to be a game in which people of all shapes and sizes can potentially excel.

There haven`t been many players in the history of the game with his sharpness and speed off the mark. Seeing him darting around, ducking under tackles, is up there in the highlights of my four decades following RL.

4 hours ago, unapologetic pedant said:

When someone becomes known more for their off-field story, it can possibly obscure their on-field accomplishments.

For a statue I`d prefer an action-shot image that captures what a special player Rob was, one that illustrates his significance in demonstrating that RL continues to be a game in which people of all shapes and sizes can potentially excel.

There haven`t been many players in the history of the game with his sharpness and speed off the mark. Seeing him darting around, ducking under tackles, is up there in the highlights of my four decades following RL.

How about a statue of him taking a swing at Epalahame Lauaki? :kolobok_biggrin:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seriously, the only problem I have with that statue is that it cribs a little too obviously from the Provan/Summons trophy.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

19 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Seriously, the only problem I have with that statue is that it cribs a little too obviously from the Provan/Summons trophy.

The gladiators is a great image but this one has a much deeper meaning.

10 hours ago, unapologetic pedant said:

I think the statue is a testament to his greatness as a player despite his size disadvantage as well as the esteem in which he is held by his colleagues (represented by Sinfield). An action shot would encapsulate his style of play, but this I think goes further than that. Having something written at the bottom about his playing style could cover it.

On 21/08/2021 at 01:31, M j M said:

Hope that isn't the finished statue.

Rob seems to have gone a bit George Burgess on the right 😲

Archived