Best Ref performance of season?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 23/08/2021 at 00:04, David Dockhouse Host said:

There is absolute doubt that refs affect all games though.Β  Easy to blame the ref. Good refs manage the players, indisciplined players of ignore this and continue, that's not the refs fault.Β  Players poor discipline is not the full responsibility of the ref, players are responsible for their own actions.

I think people forget that refs are there to call the rules, they cannot be responsible for players acting up, it really is that simple. When did this blaming of the ref start? It's a real focus shift

Reminds me of the old story, kid burns down school, parents ask who sold them the matches.

I may be on my own thinking this but I truly believe the focus on refs has become too much of a obsession and blame is disproportionate.

The abuse refs get at all levels is also a huge concern, we are really struggling to keep and attract refs

Absolutely spot on and correct with every word, the blame the ref culture among EVERY group of fans and a lot of coaches and owners is nothing short of embarrasing, especially half of the time when it's the coaches and players making the ref's job harder.

Archived