Dear Ken John Peel.

RogerT

why not just call the topic Whitehaven at home Roger ?....

it stops all the bumping...

have you had a few Sherbets ?....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

4 minutes ago, RPH said:

why not just call the topic Whitehaven at home Roger ?....

it stops all the bumping...

have you had a few Sherbets ?....

Gone right over my head....

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Yes had a few sherberts, but that doesn't stop me laxing quizzical.

For them that don't understand Ken John Peel is a Cumbrian so called gentleman, look it up.

I was so enjoying these quips, now I'm deflated, boooooooooooo. 

1 minute ago, RogerT said:

For them that don't understand Ken John Peel is a Cumbrian so called gentleman, look it up.

It's the gas in the lager being released!

6 minutes ago, RogerT said:

I divn't ken John Peel.  

10 minutes ago, RogerT said:

unless Ken John Peel was a regular Whitehaven supporter...it is not going to float many boats for them or us....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

1 hour ago, RogerT said:

I think it is you that doesn't understand !! "KEN" was not John Peel's first name - the "ken John Peel" in this instance means "do you know John Peel" !!! It is from the old Fox hunting song in Cumberland ! Additionally , you cannot "wax quizzical" - I think you mean "waxing lyrical"

I couldn't spell lyrical or think about it too many sherberts, i know about the meaning of ken in John Peel and I didn't know him

What the hells this topic about???

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

29 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

What the hells this topic about???

well basically Roger is ###### and digging a big hole for himself..

21 hours ago, RogerT said:

I'll have a fishy when the booat comes in.

Wrong coast Roger.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

21 hours ago, nineoil said:

I think it is you that doesn't understand !! "KEN" was not John Peel's first name - the "ken John Peel" in this instance means "do you know John Peel" !!! It is from the old Fox hunting song in Cumberland ! Additionally , you cannot "wax quizzical" - I think you mean "waxing lyrical"

Careful. You will shortly be accused of being a member of the grammar stasi (comrade).

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

24 minutes ago, distantdog said:

True, but waxing quizzically has a certain something about it, sort of having a Brazilian while doing the wall round on 'Only Connect.'

From the Brazilian you have lost me.🤨

45 minutes ago, distantdog said:

True, but waxing quizzically has a certain something about it, sort of having a Brazilian while doing the wall round on 'Only Connect.'

I think that Roger has got you there DD.  Roger actually wrote "laxing quizzical" which is more like "oh, this is comfy, but how the heck did I end up with a Brazilian?"

48 minutes ago, distantdog said:

I got the computers/AI names on the wall tonight. Proudest moment of my life 😆 I wasn't having a Brazilian at the time though!!

Archived