Next up, it’s the Bulls.

White Knight

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I would like Hall back is there any point now? We are safe we have cover in that position and I’m assuming getting him back on loan will cost us money.

Not knowing what funding  will be in place next year I think the money is best put towards next year recruitment. 

I really rate Hall and would love to see him back at York ideally for a full season next year but we can’t just keep chucking money at loan players,  give the young lads a taste in the last few games.

17 hours ago, Stirlin said:

The West '' POP '' stand will probably be christened by your lads , only use it has had so far is Fordy and stats man on match days . 🙂

Swinton in the cup used the west , difficult to spot as only about 30 of them.😀😀😀

On 24/08/2021 at 13:06, spanishknight said:

Welcome back Andy,  were you one of Fordys injured?.

Yes, John, 'Enforced absence'.  In truth I bottled it as I heard he was short of a winger! 😄

15 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Broughy's back to face the Knights after missing 8 weeks with an injury.

Will be great to see him back at York after all this time. I remember taking his photo on the Huntington Stadium pitch after he’d signed from the Rams. Steve Ferres certainly saw his potential. For those stats gurus amongst you, just wonder if this will be his first competitive match at York since leaving in 2004. I’m sure it’s not. 

8 minutes ago, Fenton Knight said:

Will be great to see him back at York after all this time. I remember taking his photo on the Huntington Stadium pitch after he’d signed from the Rams. Steve Ferres certainly saw his potential. For those stats gurus amongst you, just wonder if this will be his first competitive match at York since leaving in 2004. I’m sure it’s not. 

Cant think of one at the moment, he played  against us in a friendly at the K.C. stadium as part of the deal that took him to Hull, can't think of another.

On 25/08/2021 at 09:31, Bullmania said:

Be good to stick one too the football and have the biggest attendance in that ground we’ve done it at bootham now let’s do it at the community stadium.

City's attendance for today's game was less than 2.5 K, think we may beat that especially if the Bulls bring as many as they say they will.

1 hour ago, Fax Knight said:

And I wish he hadn’t. He’s kicking us to death. WTF  happened to Teanby? We even managed to get injured warming-up now. 

It's what we have missed. Since he got injured we have won 4 lost 4. Won 7 of the 8 before he got injured. 

Thought it was a brave effort from a makeshift team. A few looked far from fit, some of our best forwards were absent, we had a number of young inexperienced lads on loan and players out of position, as usual. Our half-back weakness was glaringly obvious today. Thought Kirmond had his best game for us - his try was like Danny of a few years ago. For me the end of this season can’t come soon enough. We need a big clear-out in the close season. Some our signings have been an absolute waste of a shirt. 

15 minutes ago, Bullmania said:

Damn that full size pitch we only scored 36 this time scored 37 at odsal. 😂

another good win for Bradford this now play offs whatever happens we was bottom after round 1 and looked like it was going be a long old season.

Well done today you thoroughly deserved your win. I thought Brough ran the show for you his kicking is class and a shame for you he was not fit all season would love him in our side.

From our point of view brave performance we never looked like winning but gave it a dig injuries told again especially in the forwards and stopped our go forward but that’s been the same story all year.

Strange year for York promised so much but it’s not turned out well but at least we saw some live rugby which it’s all about let’s regroup and look to build for next year hopefully Fordy will have learnt a lot from players when it’s not gone well he will know who’s turned up and put a shift in and clear out the ones who have not.

Anyone care to guess the attendance? 

Well done Bradford, I know we like a bit of banter and enjoy poking fun at Kear but they’ve improved this season and I think will wrap up 3rd spot.

With that defeat for me it’s the end of any outside hopes of playoffs and I just hope we don’t switch off for the final games, if we can finish 8th we’ve at least consolidated our place as a mid table championship club though I know we want to aim higher.

It’s been a tough old season, my main hope for next year apart from being higher up the league is less injuries and fewer players needed including loans, I make it we’ve used 42 players this season.

From the ex SL players signed this season I’d be quite happy to see Kirmond stay, he’s really improved as we’ve gone through the year and he doesn’t play like he’s slowing down. Clarkson has done well too although he signed up in 2020. Still think we are missing a 15+ try a season winger who’s solid in attack and defence - nothing too flashy just someone we can depend on to finish chances and not be caught out of position/knock on from a simple kick through most matches. I’m sure the YCK management already have ideas for 2022.

Lastly on AB’s wish list is for Knights to take over running their own ticket sales, Brew York to come onboard as promised and some thought to be given to making the fan zone a zone for fans and actually encourage people to want to turn up early (live music, TV screens, the full works). I don’t ask for much 🙃

Archived