Willie Isa at the RFL Disciplinary...

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to say, I think Isa is very lucky for his charge on Welsby to be considered under the category 'Reckless' rather than intentional.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 hours ago, David Dockhouse Host said:

He intended to smash him for sure, but he mistakenly thought he had the ball after a terrible read and didn't mean to go into his head.

Those were my thoughts and panel seem to think the same, 4 sounds about right but he may appeal.

Ever wondered how the disciplinary process works? Former SL ref explains the process in this #Rugby 🏉 show🎥🎤 https://youtu.be/u_nWi5xRnno

Ah the old - “I thought he still had the ball several seconds after he didn’t so I attacked his prone head on the floor” defence.

Never fails.

24 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

Ah the old - “I thought he still had the ball several seconds after he didn’t so I attacked his prone head on the floor” defence.

Never fails.

I guess the only person who really knows the truth is Isa, we are left to speculate. I cannot imagine why he would have done it had he known Welsby didn't have the ball though?

2 hours ago, David Dockhouse Host said:

He intended to smash him for sure, but he mistakenly thought he had the ball after a terrible read and didn't mean to go into his head.

Those were my thoughts and panel seem to think the same, 4 sounds about right but he may appeal.

Ever wondered how the disciplinary process works? Former SL ref explains the process in this #Rugby 🏉 show🎥🎤 https://youtu.be/u_nWi5xRnno

Then mistakenly fell on him and mistakenly smashed him on the ground in the mush with no ball within 5 metres. I’ve no idea how that isn’t a red card tbh , or at least the VR doesn’t say it’s more than on report . 

1 minute ago, dkw said:

Absolutely laughable, RalL disciplinary embarrassing itself as usual.

Isn't it just , we want to bring in more kids to play the game , and when an already loose cannon explodes in essentially our highest profile game , they give him excuses after excuses 😤

I seriously hope they told him any repeat will not see him dealt with as leniently but will see season ending bans 

3 minutes ago, David Dockhouse Host said:

I guess the only person who really knows the truth is Isa, we are left to speculate. I cannot imagine why he would have done it had he known Welsby didn't have the ball though?

Even if he had the ball you can't smash him in the head 

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Isn't it just , we want to bring in more kids to play the game , and when an already loose cannon explodes in essentially our highest profile game , they give him excuses after excuses 😤

I seriously hope they told him any repeat will not see him dealt with as leniently but will see season ending bans 

Why do you think those X players and judges saw it differently ? 

10 minutes ago, David Dockhouse Host said:

I agree, I'm not saying there's nothing wrong with it, just that I question it was done knowing the player didn't have the ball.

How could he not ? I’ve watched it again and YJW is looking up at him with no ball in sight as Isa falls on him … then swings one in his mush . If that was a spot the ball picture no one would have a chance coz the ball wouldn’t be in it 

44 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Then mistakenly fell on him and mistakenly smashed him on the ground in the mush with no ball within 5 metres. I’ve no idea how that isn’t a red card tbh , or at least the VR doesn’t say it’s more than on report . 

I don’t think you can blame the ref as the simple fact tackles happened after it probably meant he couldn’t give anything else than on report. 

1 hour ago, David Dockhouse Host said:

Because he's either a brainless thug or batshit mental.

34 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

I don’t think you can blame the ref as the simple fact tackles happened after it probably meant he couldn’t give anything else than on report. 

We are blaming the disciplinary, not the ref. Yet again they have failed. A thug, on a mission, gets away with yet more thuggery. The disciplinary should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. But they are probably having a beer in the local hostelry.

2 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

We are blaming the disciplinary, not the ref. Yet again they have failed. A thug, on a mission, gets away with yet more thuggery. The disciplinary should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. But they are probably having a beer in the local hostelry.

The person I quoted asked why the VR didn’t step in that’s what I was answering. 

5 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

The person I quoted asked why the VR didn’t step in that’s what I was answering. 

Ok. Fair enough. He should have done so. And Isa should have been sent off on the VRs intervention. But the disciplinary should have had the bottle to deal with him and suspend him for an appropriate number of games for all his thuggery in that match.

18 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Yeh that’s what I was getting at , not the ref tbh . He saw the footage 

That’s what I was trying to answer once tackles have been completed I don’t think the ref can go back whether the VR spots it or not so the ref go only go with on report. 

4 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

That’s what I was trying to answer once tackles have been completed I don’t think the ref can go back whether the VR spots it or not so the ref go only go with on report. 

Yes, this was my point on the match thread at the time when it was suggested Isa get a yellow or a red.  I mentioned that as the ref hadn't seen the incident and it was picked up by the video ref, could it only be put on report and no on field action taken?

I don't know the definitive answer to this but sending players off based on video ref intervention would create an inconsistency between televised and non televised games I guess. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

I do think that the make up of the DP panel is the problem. The last time any if these people played the  game was 20? years ago. The injury protocols and general attitude to player welfare has changed beyond recognition in the intervening years. What was acceptable 20 years ago should now be a straight red, so of course these ex-players will be lenient because, “in my day, we would have done far worse”…etc

Archived