Newcastle (H)

Wakefield Ram

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

If we can field a decent side, then this is a winnable game. Went to away match and we were terrible and only lost by 12 points. But it depends on what team is available.

But can they just postponed cos got  seven with covid 

It is distinctly possible that both sides could be severely impacted by Covid cases - Newcastle's game was called off because of this and we had only 15 available yesterday 2 hours before the game.

No matter what some people might say, this thing isn't going away anytime soon.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Just now, Wakefield Ram said:

PS can we have Beckett and Ferguson back on another loan "to the end of the season"...😁

I thought your season was already over? Just saying 😌

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

4 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

It is distinctly possible that both sides could be severely impacted by Covid cases - Newcastle's game was called off because of this and we had only 15 available yesterday 2 hours before the game.

No matter what some people might say, this thing isn't going away anytime soon.

Too true. Went to London this weekend and apart from on the Tube you wouldn't know there was a pandemic on.

2 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Greenwood has said as long as he's enough for a team Dewsbury will play. 

PS can we have Beckett and Ferguson back on another loan "to the end of the season"...😁

I don’t want them back, not that there is anything wrong with the two individuals, but the handling of the loan arrangements by Featherstone.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

1 hour ago, Crown Flatter said:

What is the purpose of your “just saying” remark?

Dewsbury have nothing to play for. Won't be relegated - Season done 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

3 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Dewsbury have nothing to play for. Won't be relegated - Season done 

Assuming Oldham lose to Fev, then they have to win last 3 games and improve their points difference, so technically we could still go down. 

We might be better off postponing the Newcastle game to save our %.

11 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Assuming Oldham lose to Fev, then they have to win last 3 games and improve their points difference, so technically we could still go down. 

Come on WR, however bad things are, and whatever the Rams are, at least you are not Sheffield. 

12 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

You play them last game of season so it's all in your own hands😀

32 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

That's the problem 

Or we could just win on Sunday - problem solved!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

So l have just had a look at the Thunder website and all they are pushing is the game against York. The cynic in me suspects they have little intention of playing this week. l hope l am wrong. l have asked on their forum how many fans they are bringing though 😉

2 hours ago, LeagueConvert said:

So l have just had a look at the Thunder website and all they are pushing is the game against York. The cynic in me suspects they have little intention of playing this week. l hope l am wrong. l have asked on their forum how many fans they are bringing though 😉

If you look at their forum though LC you will see that nobody posts on there. They are pushing the York game because it is the match that is linked to Magic Weekend, so they hope for a bumper crowd. That game would be more important to them commercially than ours, given that their top six hopes are diminishing rapidly so it wouldn't be a surprise if they didn't play us after all.

Let's hope that we are both wrong.

1 hour ago, coolie said:

Don't rule out a win against South Yorkshire's eternal gypsies the beagles of Sheffield, thackeray missing... Owt can happen in that fixture 🤔🤔

They weren't great at ours tbh

19 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Thackeray created or scored all 3 tries, without him they'd have lost

PM was referring to their game at Batley, where AT was absent.

I hear that there will be a major reshuffle at Sheffield in the close season with many players eyeing their next move rather than being focussed on finishing a place higher in the losers section.

5 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

PM was referring to their game at Batley, where AT was absent.

I hear that there will be a major reshuffle at Sheffield in the close season with many players eyeing their next move rather than being focussed on finishing a place higher in the losers section.

Aaron Brown and James Glover being two of them. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

On 23/08/2021 at 15:03, Wakefield Ram said:

If we can field a decent side, then this is a winnable game. Went to away match and we were terrible and only lost by 12 points. But it depends on what team is available.

We were awful when we played them away! Newcastle didn't look brilliant that day either and they were there for the taking and I believe that they are this week too, we certainly need the win! Unfortunately I won't be there this week as I'm Scarborough for the bank holiday weekend but I'll be at the game in spirit and I hope we can field a strong team and put on a good performance.

Archived