Rochdale Hornets: Saturday 28th April

gogledd

Its a Bank Holiday weekend so give yourself plenty of time to travel; the A55 is likely to be busy and you wont want to miss this one.

Can we make it 7 on the bounce for the first time since 2013 - the year we won the League?

I'm hoping we get a bumper crowd (Can we top 4 figures?) and they are loud and boisterous, fun and friendly and we get behind the lads to cheer then to victory.

We've been so close to beating Hornets the last few time and its about time we came out on top.

If your a Cru fan, cancel everything else to get there!!

I have been doing some number crunching with the win percentages on the league table.

Currently, if we lose all of our remaining games (heaven forbid). the lowest we can finish is 7th. (a win percentage of 52.94%)

London and West Wales are long since out of the running. In theory, Coventry can match our current lowest win percentage if they win all of their remaining games, but they have a vastly inferior points difference to ours.

So that leaves Hunslet, who currently occupy 7th place.  If Hunslet win all of their remaining games, they will finish on a win percentage of 58.33%.

If we win just one more game, and lose the other two, we will finish on 58.88%.

So in other words we are now just one win away from guaranteeing at least a 6th place finish, and therefore qualifying for the playoffs.

Edit: I have just realised that the figures assume no more covid postponements. So nothing can be official until the regular season is completed.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

Bank holiday weekend, with no Super League or Championship games on Saturday, we have got to be expecting a four figure crowd.

Our longest wining run was seven games in 2013, so we are looking to match that with a win, as well as guaranteeing a playoff place.*

Our highest attendance at Queensway was 886 and I am expecting to beat that comfortably. Our record attendance is 1,562 and it would be nice to test that record as well, although we may get another chance at that one later this year.

I have to say that the move to Stadiwm Zip World has been a brilliant success, and I am overjoyed for the staff at the club who have worked so hard over the years to keep this club going. Saturday will be the final confirmation, the final seal of approval that this has been the right move, and i am really looking forward to it.

* Assuming there are no more covid postponements.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

UPDATE:

The Supporters coach leaves Wrexham at 11:30 and NOT 12:00. Dont be late!

There will be a short (and I mean short) Supporters Trust meeting in the big marquee at 1pm. Two topics. Supporters Trust recruitment and Play Retention.

On 23/08/2021 at 18:20, gogledd said:

Its a Bank Holiday weekend so give yourself plenty of time to travel; the A55 is likely to be busy and you wont want to miss this one.

Can we make it 7 on the bounce for the first time since 2013 - the year we won the League?

I'm hoping we get a bumper crowd (Can we top 4 figures?) and they are loud and boisterous, fun and friendly and we get behind the lads to cheer then to victory.

We've been so close to beating Hornets the last few time and its about time we came out on top.

If your a Cru fan, cancel everything else to get there!!

One neutral fan here who is coming and looking forward to a great clash !

On 23/08/2021 at 22:19, fearnowt said:

If Hunslet win all of their remaining games, they will finish on a win percentage of 58.33%.

Looking at their fixtures, it should be at least 2wins out of 3.  Hunslet’s last game is at Worky who may be declared champions earlier, especially with the win percentage formula. The latter may help Hornets who will finish with one fewer game than Hunslet, but I believe we have to win 2 out of 3 to be in 6th place and the play-offs?  Over to your formulations.  Having yourselves, then Barrow and Coventry at home should help some team!  Expecting a great game on Saturday and that we meet in the play-offs.
Looking ahead, if the latest RFL proposals for the league structures is enacted for 2022, six clubs will be be relegated from the Championship into a 16 team League 1.  Perhaps we’ll meet again?  

19 hours ago, glemiln said:

Looking at their fixtures, it should be at least 2wins out of 3.  Hunslet’s last game is at Worky who may be declared champions earlier, especially with the win percentage formula. The latter may help Hornets who will finish with one fewer game than Hunslet, but I believe we have to win 2 out of 3 to be in 6th place and the play-offs?  Over to your formulations.  Having yourselves, then Barrow and Coventry at home should help some team!  Expecting a great game on Saturday and that we meet in the play-offs.
Looking ahead, if the latest RFL proposals for the league structures is enacted for 2022, six clubs will be be relegated from the Championship into a 16 team League 1.  Perhaps we’ll meet again?  

Trying to work out the win percentages was just a bit of fun, as anyone would normally do with the much simpler points system. Truth is it is too complicated to work out all the permutations, so it's probably best to wait and see where we all are at the end of the regular season.

I think we will both make the playoffs regardless of Saturday's result, although final positions will determine things like home advantage, and the shortest and longest route to the final. As you say, if either of us wins promotion, we will probably be relegated by the restructure if it goes ahead, something both clubs have experienced in the past (2014 😒).

It's going to be busy on the roads this weekend so please allow a bit of extra time for your journey. If you've been to our previous home Queensway, you'll certainly notice a huge improvement.

Have a safe journey and hope you enjoy your visit.

On 25/08/2021 at 15:29, Joe 90 said:

One neutral fan here who is coming and looking forward to a great clash !

I'll be timekeeper so come over and say Hello.

On 24/08/2021 at 17:41, gogledd said:

UPDATE:

The Supporters coach leaves Wrexham at 11:30 and NOT 12:00. Dont be late!

There will be a short (and I mean short) Supporters Trust meeting in the big marquee at 1pm. Two topics. Supporters Trust recruitment and Play Retention.

FURTHER UPDATE:

the open Supporters Trust meeting will now take place in the Park Hotel at 1pm. This is due to the big marquee being moved!

On 26/08/2021 at 21:54, gogledd said:

I'll be timekeeper so come over and say Hello.

Sorry i missed this message but a great day out in the sunshine and a Professional performance from Crusaders.    One to watch in the Play -0ffs.

Archived