In case you missed GMR with Beaumont and Koukash

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, M j M said:

What could possibly go wrong.

To be honest he left Salford in a better position than when he took them on and just after he left (debt free) they made the GF.

RL fans are always looking for that multi millionaire who loves RL and here we have one - and everybody slates him.

I'm not a Bradford fan but from the outside looking in - wouldn't he be great for them to get them back into SL??

6 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

To be honest he left Salford in a better position than when he took them on and just after he left (debt free) they made the GF.

RL fans are always looking for that multi millionaire who loves RL and here we have one - and everybody slates him.

I'm not a Bradford fan but from the outside looking in - wouldn't he be great for them to get them back into SL??

They should have let Mrs Koukash buy the Bulls when she wanted too 

9 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

No idea, he promised Salford were going to be one of the big 4 Super League clubs winning trophies and then that he’d start a Super League club in Liverpool. 

I think the salary cap pe'ed him off.

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

Worth listening to.

Beaumont:  5 mins 20 secs through till 19 mins 50 secs

Wigan discussions:  23 mins through to 33 mins 38 secs

Koukash: 35 mins 35 secs through to 41 mins

I thought there were some interesting points put forward from a self made bloke who knows how to sell and make money. Koukash's wealth is reported to be up to £2b - who in their right mind wouldn't want a bloke with that wealth and connections in our sport, a sport devoid of such people. Ans Your average RL fan who thinks £30 is too much for a ticket

3 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

I thought there were some interesting points put forward from a self made bloke who knows how to sell and make money. Koukash's wealth is reported to be up to £2b - who in their right mind wouldn't want a bloke with that wealth and connections in our sport, a sport devoid of such people. Ans Your average RL fan who thinks £30 is too much for a ticket

If Koukash is worth £2bn why has he never made any of the rich lists? Why did he not buy Salford's stadium and the land around it as promised? Why did he not build Swinton a stadium as promised? Why did he not start a club in Liverpool? Or west Cumbria? Or the NRL? Or buy the Titans?

He's got more money than me, no doubt about that, but he's a BS artist. No wonder he gets on so well with Beaumont. Their proposed partnership at Leigh, assuming it's not more hot air from Koukash, will last how long?

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

2 hours ago, nadera78 said:

If Koukash is worth £2bn why has he never made any of the rich lists? Why did he not buy Salford's stadium and the land around it as promised? Why did he not build Swinton a stadium as promised? Why did he not start a club in Liverpool? Or west Cumbria? Or the NRL? Or buy the Titans?

He's got more money than me, no doubt about that, but he's a BS artist. No wonder he gets on so well with Beaumont. Their proposed partnership at Leigh, assuming it's not more hot air from Koukash, will last how long?

I mean, it's literally a few months ago when we (and I do include myself in that, at the start at least) fell for talk of 'investors' in the NARL. Koukash strikes me as a lot like that. The front is there but the cashflow behind it seems not match the words - and I suspect for similar reasons.

He needs to do a Chasing Roos podcast and start flogging some shirts for clubs that will never play a single senior competitive game. That normally convinces people.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

If Mr Koukash has money available to invest - give away - I'd love him to invest in a club that would hopefully benefit rl in the longer term.

My no 1 suggestion would be Newcastle but they seem to have a good and financially stable owner. Number 2 would be York,who I think could be a solid and stable SL club,with a sensible amount of backing.

Otherwise,there area number of clubs with older owners,who are carrying significant debt. Someone willing to be involved in a club and write down a substantial amount of debt would certainly help the game.

5 minutes ago, cookey said:

If Mr Koukash has money available to invest - give away - I'd love him to invest in a club that would hopefully benefit rl in the longer term.

My no 1 suggestion would be Newcastle but they seem to have a good and financially stable owner. Number 2 would be York,who I think could be a solid and stable SL club,with a sensible amount of backing.

Otherwise,there area number of clubs with older owners,who are carrying significant debt. Someone willing to be involved in a club and write down a substantial amount of debt would certainly help the game.

Yes , but he likes his Lobby , and the best Lobby is in Leigh 😉

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

I mean, it's literally a few months ago when we (and I do include myself in that, at the start at least) fell for talk of 'investors' in the NARL. Koukash strikes me as a lot like that. The front is there but the cashflow behind it seems not match the words - and I suspect for similar reasons.

He needs to do a Chasing Roos podcast and start flogging some shirts for clubs that will never play a single senior competitive game. That normally convinces people.

Every true RL fan always has space for one more polyester shirt in the bottom drawer.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

3 hours ago, nadera78 said:

He was on a documentary a while back and said to be worth around £60m - that obviously includes the value of his property and horses, not money available to spend/invest. 

If this partnership comes off I'm not sure which one of them I'd feel most sorry for.... 

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

He needs to do a Chasing Roos podcast and start flogging some shirts for clubs that will never play a single senior competitive game. That normally convinces people

Euro xiii another good example, Spain rugby league another ! 

Archived