In case you missed GMR with Beaumont and Koukash

11 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

I'm not a Bradford fan but from the outside looking in - wouldn't he be great for them to get them back into SL??

He’s had three opportunities in the past few years and didn’t 

The one time he dabbled in it, he made the lowest bid to the creditors out of those who bid for the club (under the guise of his wife). But he showed little to zero interest on either occasion the club has been up for sale since.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

Why is Koukash still treated as the second coming?

11 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

No idea, he promised Salford were going to be one of the big 4 Super League clubs winning trophies and then that he’d start a Super League club in Liverpool. 

9 hours ago, The Daddy said:

What happened to the Liverpool club he was going to start?

4 hours ago, nadera78 said:

If Koukash is worth £2bn why has he never made any of the rich lists? Why did he not buy Salford's stadium and the land around it as promised? Why did he not build Swinton a stadium as promised? Why did he not start a club in Liverpool? Or west Cumbria? Or the NRL? Or buy the Titans?

He's got more money than me, no doubt about that, but he's a BS artist. No wonder he gets on so well with Beaumont. Their proposed partnership at Leigh, assuming it's not more hot air from Koukash, will last how long?

2 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

Add, "Why did he scrap Salford's academy?" to that list.

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

I mean, it's literally a few months ago when we (and I do include myself in that, at the start at least) fell for talk of 'investors' in the NARL. Koukash strikes me as a lot like that. The front is there but the cashflow behind it seems not match the words - and I suspect for similar reasons.

He needs to do a Chasing Roos podcast and start flogging some shirts for clubs that will never play a single senior competitive game. That normally convinces people.

1 hour ago, cookey said:

If Mr Koukash has money available to invest - give away - I'd love him to invest in a club that would hopefully benefit rl in the longer term.

My no 1 suggestion would be Newcastle but they seem to have a good and financially stable owner. Number 2 would be York,who I think could be a solid and stable SL club,with a sensible amount of backing.

Otherwise,there area number of clubs with older owners,who are carrying significant debt. Someone willing to be involved in a club and write down a substantial amount of debt would certainly help the game.

History shows us with him is that he talks the talk, but can't walk the walk

11 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

To be honest he left Salford in a better position than when he took them on and just after he left (debt free) they made the GF.

RL fans are always looking for that multi millionaire who loves RL and here we have one - and everybody slates him.

I'm not a Bradford fan but from the outside looking in - wouldn't he be great for them to get them back into SL??

Did he? Salford ended up in default on a CVA he promised to pay, had points deducted and are now run on a shoestring, having taken a while to undo his mess. I'd say they are now in the same position as when he joined. At best he bought time to set up as a community club. 

6 hours ago, nadera78 said:

If Koukash is worth £2bn why has he never made any of the rich lists? Why did he not buy Salford's stadium and the land around it as promised? Why did he not build Swinton a stadium as promised? Why did he not start a club in Liverpool? Or west Cumbria? Or the NRL? Or buy the Titans?

He's got more money than me, no doubt about that, but he's a BS artist. No wonder he gets on so well with Beaumont. Their proposed partnership at Leigh, assuming it's not more hot air from Koukash, will last how long?

Just on this didnt he try to buy the stadium and land but it wasnt up for sale. Didnt he threaten to move out but was told they had a contract in place?

Swinton from memory was when he was trying to buy additional clubs to Salford and was told he couldnt, I think a promise of a stadium was part of a bid.

The starting a new club in Liverpool or Cumbria wouldnt have worked and due diligence into this would have highlighted this. 

His best bet is to buy one of the big clubs when they come up for sale. I presume it would be a north west club. Or at worst as hes doing which is getting involved in one.

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Reported where?

Another thing that seems to often be "reported" is that Koukash left Salford debt free. Is that accurate or did he just write off the debts owed to himself by the club?

Some Aussie paper started the rumour. As nedera points out (and I have in the past) he hasn't yet appeared in The Times' Rich List, which I believe needs you to have £85m to make the (2020) top 1000.

7 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Some Aussie paper started the rumour. As nedera points out (and I have in the past) he hasn't yet appeared in The Times' Rich List, which I believe needs you to have £85m to make the (2020) top 1000.

His absence from The Sunday Times Rich List doesn't necessarily mean that he doesn't have money. The list, for the most part, is a set of educated guesstimates based on publicly available information. It's not as if wealthy people throw open their bank accounts and say to the list's compilers "Come on then, have a bloody good look!"

The fact that so few, if any, of the things he says he's going to do actually happen - buying the AJ Bell Stadium, building a hotel on the site for academy players, building a water park, buying Bradford Bulls, starting a team in Cumbria, starting a team in Liverpool, paying Salford's CVA, paying Salford's players and staff, even - should be enough to raise doubts.

2 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Personally I think he's going to invest his money into building a train station at the Leigh Sports Village, not linking it up to any lines though, that would cost too much, just building the station to shut people up about Leigh not having one. 😁

What@? leigh doesn't have a station? I  never knew that!  How come they are allowed in SuperLeague?  😃

3 hours ago, Dave T said:

I haven't listened to this, what good ideas has Koukash ever come up with? As in genuine ideas with tangible returns? 

Not sure the forum will deliver answers. It really is worth listening and making your own mind up.

1 hour ago, Hammerless Nail said:

His absence from The Sunday Times Rich List doesn't necessarily mean that he doesn't have money. The list, for the most part, is a set of educated guesstimates based on publicly available information. It's not as if wealthy people throw open their bank accounts and say to the list's compilers "Come on then, have a bloody good look!"

The fact that so few, if any, of the things he says he's going to do actually happen - buying the AJ Bell Stadium, building a hotel on the site for academy players, building a water park, buying Bradford Bulls, starting a team in Cumbria, starting a team in Liverpool, paying Salford's CVA, paying Salford's players and staff, even - should be enough to raise doubts.

Indeed. He doesn't show up as a Director of any companies at Companies House.   Don't know why some people get so exercised by him, though.  Is is because there is a precedent at another club and a different guy at ProBiz? 

17 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Indeed. He doesn't show up as a Director of any companies at Companies House.   Don't know why some people get so exercised by him, though.  Is is because there is a precedent at another club and a different guy at ProBiz? 

Not true, that. Koukash is listed as director of a string of dissolved or dormant companies. His one successful venture seems to the DoubleTree by Hilton branded hotel in Liverpool city centre (listed as Dale Street Hotel in Companies House).

Intriguing character.

5 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

He was on a documentary a while back and said to be worth around £60m - that obviously includes the value of his property and horses, not money available to spend/invest. 

If this partnership comes off I'm not sure which one of them I'd feel most sorry for.... 

Which makes it all the more interesting 😁

3 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

I guess the pies should be worried, they're in decline and with Marwan sinking his millions into Leigh, wont be long before they're the biggest club in Wigan 😉

We're already the biggest club in Wigan 😉

11 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Of course, in jest. Not having a railway station is not a barrier to entry....yet....😂

To be fair, not having a railway station would make it a little more difficult to enter Leigh, it does put a barrier up so to speak.

I mean, if I want to go to say, Leeds, all I have to do is to jump on the train at Hull Station and I'm in Leeds in an hour of so. If I want to go to Leigh I have to negotiate a couple of trains and a guided busway which is definitely a more complicated way of gaining entry to a town. 

Anyway, I'm not being dragged into that again. 😉

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

Not true, that. Koukash is listed as director of a string of dissolved or dormant companies. His one successful venture seems to the DoubleTree by Hilton branded hotel in Liverpool city centre (listed as Dale Street Hotel in Companies House).

Intriguing character.

Edit - I see EuroMaTech UK is now dormant. EuroMaTech is the company where he is supposed to have made his money in the first place, but nearly of all their revenue was in the middle east, not here.

26 minutes ago, JonM said:

Edit - I see EuroMaTech UK is now dormant. EuroMaTech is the company where he is supposed to have made his money in the first place, but nearly of all their revenue was in the middle east, not here.

Yes, he's been in the NW for something like 40 years. He's not some sort of rich Arab who made a fortune over there and wanted to be a big cheese here by investing in Leigh Centurions (!) and the like.

2 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Intriguing character.

Marwan Badea KOUKASH

Filter appointments

Filter appointments

Current appointments

There are no current appointments for this officer

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/officers/Hee5TMp6urBQSMtwCGedg5Vq524/appointments

Archived