In case you missed GMR with Beaumont and Koukash

11 hours ago, Hammerless Nail said:

It's easy to mock, but I'm sure this is merely a case of him not quite having all the finances in place yet.

He just needs to sell a few bridges to Leythers first.

Find a few "investors".

Maybe go on Chasing Roos and release some new shirts.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Why now and not earlier?  his 10m war chest could have saved your season 

Quick questions: How earlier is earlier?. How would a £10 million war chest have been used earlier? 

21 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

last nights rumour was a £10m war chest to bring SL stability with a substantial academy investment.

Ive probably said this a few times now but to bring SL stability Leigh would have to actually be in SL. I think this relegation will knock them back a year or two as with most of their squad on 1 year contracts a lot of them will be holding out for SL deals and a number of them have already signed for other clubs next season. Leigh will basically have to do a full rebuild to their squad once again and this wll be with the best Championship players already signed to deals at other clubs. If as expected Toulouse go up this season then Fev would start next season as huge favourites.

5 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Ive probably said this a few times now but to bring SL stability Leigh would have to actually be in SL. I think this relegation will knock them back a year or two as with most of their squad on 1 year contracts a lot of them will be holding out for SL deals and a number of them have already signed for other clubs next season. Leigh will basically have to do a full rebuild to their squad once again and this wll be with the best Championship players already signed to deals at other clubs. If as expected Toulouse go up this season then Fev would start next season as huge favourites.

We will see, but the announced signings dont meet that rhetoric. eg Sam Stone, Jai Whitbread, Mellor and Tomkins

I never thought I'd be defending Leigh on here, or for that matter Koukash. Leigh has not been relegated,  Koukash is not there to do the forums bidding. No one on here knows what really happened at Salford, too many people who claim to be fans of rugby league want him and Leigh..and other clubs (and at times even the RFL) to fail. Poking fun at the lack of a railway station (that we all enjoy of course) is fine and in the the same league as scoffing at "the pies". However some of the comments about Koukash appear to cross the "offensive " line.

On 24/08/2021 at 13:41, The Hallucinating Goose said:

To be fair, not having a railway station would make it a little more difficult to enter Leigh, it does put a barrier up so to speak.

I mean, if I want to go to say, Leeds, all I have to do is to jump on the train at Hull Station and I'm in Leeds in an hour of so. If I want to go to Leigh I have to negotiate a couple of trains and a guided busway which is definitely a more complicated way of gaining entry to a town. 

Anyway, I'm not being dragged into that again. 😉

No correct you won't be dragged into it, you useually start it off, so droll.

Archived