Doncaster away

Derwent Park SC

My complaint for what it’s worth has gone in to Radio Cumbria. It’s nearly as bad as Border TV Lookaround with several minutes of Scottish RU and then - by the way Workington and Whitehaven both won!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to get some defending done after last week and this or we throw away all the good work done this season

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

You just can’t keep giving teams starts and playing catch up . We’ve scrambled out of it , lost a couple doing it , but if we go into the playoffs it’s a risky game . My worry is so many seasons we’ve tailed off , so it’s a lottery in the playoffs really. 

Until we get the defence sorted out we are going nowhere. 

Despite this season being a good effort We have to remember we are in the early stages of rebuilding under CT. I personally think we need atleast another season in C1. Although the bottom half of the championship has been considerably weaker this season that will change and we aren't ready  for it YET in my opinion.

Archived