Doncaster away

Derwent Park SC

Just now, town4me said:

Despite this season being a good effort We have remember we are in the early stages of rebuilding under CT. I personally think we need atleast another season in C1. Although the bottom half of the championship has been considerably weaker this season that will change and we aren't ready  for it YET in my opinion.

Given recent form hard to disagree mate, our defence is suspect but last tackle options are abismal 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, town4me said:

Despite this season being a good effort We have remember we are in the early stages of rebuilding under CT. I personally think we need atleast another season in C1. Although the bottom half of the championship has been considerably weaker this season that will change and we aren't ready  for it YET in my opinion.

If the rumoured funding cuts for clubs in L1 are correct then another season in this league might well be disastrous for the club. 

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

If somebody had said at the start of the season this is where we’d be with 2 games to go, I’d have snapped there hands off. Yes we have lost the last 2 but I still think we have made great strides in building the club on more solid foundations, whether we are able to progress further is very much dependant on re structures and what is decided. If we finish with 2 wins we’ll finish 2nd if Barrow also have 2 wins, not a bad seasons work given the covid outbreak, injuries and a squad that contains a number of players relatively inexperienced in the semi pro game. UTT

Yes we have made great strides this season and if all the clubs played all their fixtures instead of percentages we would no doubt finish top. That won’t happen and we are stuck with what we have now. Barrow would have been dreading coming to DP but now even if possible why should they. Our defence has suddenly become very brittle and I think we will find it hard going in the play-offs. We shall see

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

I have to agree your forwards aren't up to scratch. Doncaster were missing 2 big lads today in Peltier and Boyle  and still won the collision. 

One thing I failed to understand is why every kick off was aimed at Jason Tali. Your lads on that wing must have been thinking "not again"

5 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

I have to agree your forwards aren't up to scratch

I think that’s a bit harsh . The point is the size in our pack , but these guys have played above and beyond this season and punched above their weight . That undersized pack has lost 3 out of 13 so it’s been up to scratch . We need a final big push now 

Club doing it tough at the moment. Would have took the league standings at start of the year. However we set the bar high in the first part of the season and are now falling short. 

We were blowing teams away in the final 20 minutes of games. As the season has gone on and we have knocks and injuries, we can no longer do it. Still plenty of rugby to play but we need a result. Wouldn't fancy playing NW in the play offs.

Hopefully we can get Gabe back on the field ASAP. Massive miss

10 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I think that’s a bit harsh . The point is the size in our pack , but these guys have played above and beyond this season and punched above their weight . That undersized pack has lost 3 out of 13 so it’s been up to scratch . We need a final big push now 

Fair point. I'm only going on the 2 games I've seen. No offense meant.

1 hour ago, town4me said:

Despite this season being a good effort We have to remember we are in the early stages of rebuilding under CT. I personally think we need atleast another season in C1. Although the bottom half of the championship has been considerably weaker this season that will change and we aren't ready  for it YET in my opinion.

Too right champ is #### poor haven put over 60 past widnes 

I was honestly surprised with Towns apparent lack of fitness today. That could be attributed to the amount of time they spent on their own line. Very little energy going forward in the last quarter. I was expecting a fightback which never really happened.

back to back defeats which is a first this season , no doubt theyll be some questions asked though overall its been a good season up to now , hope the lads can show some character these next to games and get us over the finish line.

28 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

I was honestly surprised with Towns apparent lack of fitness today. That could be attributed to the amount of time they spent on their own line. Very little energy going forward in the last quarter. I was expecting a fightback which never really happened.

I listened to Carl Hall do an interview before the Barrow game and he said he’d been talking to a doctor who said that players who have had covid take quite sometime to recover their pre covid fitness. Not saying that is the case but before we were struck with covid we were a very fit side who generally scored a lot of points towards the end of a game and had our small forwards running as hard at the end as they did at the start. 

Whatever winning formula we had has gone , the forwards are the same as the ones that were getting on top late in games but that's not happening now , I can only think that Dec starting and Matty coming on was vital to us. We've been predictable in attack since the 3 postponements even at Keighley for much of the game. The first try came from a penalty for an incorrect play the ball , the second their player slipped got up and passed it and they scored in the corner, third was a good try in the same place, the fourth Caine went for a big hit their player spun and hit the gap from his own half and the fifth was in the same place as three others...the Doran, Wellington side. 

Out of the first 40mins Doncaster had at least 25 -30 mins  they weren't doing anything but control the ball 4 or 5 drives then kick on the floor or in the air but this was working because Town were picking the ball up on there line or the 10meter out .

A few penalties went there so that helped.

Let's hope our lads have a good week then forward to London 

5 minutes ago, weighman said:

With the exception of Zac Braham number30 , Town's forwards were much bigger . 

That's questionable Paul. I think our back row had a distinct advantage. York and Foster started well and Johnson had a brilliant last 20 or so. It wasn't just the middles. Biggest player in the field was Doran

Archived