Doncaster away

Derwent Park SC

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marcus OBrian could hardly walk off the pitch . David Weetman went off and didn't return There was that many interchanges  I don't know if it was tactical or injuries  Alex and Calvin  were strapped up before the game .Don't know why Blaine wasn't in the team . And I hope Gabe and Jake Lightowler are available on Saturday .I think we need freshened up . 

Massive game on Saturday now Got to win last 2 now to secure atleast 2nd, or 1 out of the 2 if Crusaders were to lose nxt Sunday @ Keighley

Would have definitely taken this situation at start of the season lets hope we can grab that win in the capital on Saturday and sit back and see what happens to Barrow & North Wales on Sunday 

1 hour ago, Rob Nash said:

That's questionable Paul. I think our back row had a distinct advantage. York and Foster started well and Johnson had a brilliant last 20 or so. It wasn't just the middles. Biggest player in the field was Doran

Thanks to your travelling support. Made for a good atmosphere. Good game. We'll more than likely meet again in the play offs

3 hours ago, silverfox said:

Don't know how you can say Doncaster were doing nothing  they scored after 5min  then not long after . 

What I was saying Doncaster were not doing anything different yes they did score after 5mins of a mistake but if you read what I was saying Doncaster knew how to handle town up the middle then kick and turn Town round and wait for the mistakes which they did .

I think that the covid break we had has had a really detrimental affect on the performances. We had just come off the back of a great draw at Barrow and in Chris’s words the most professional performance against West Wales, building momentum really well and then have an enforced 5 week break. Unfortunately since returning we haven’t hit anywhere near the level of consistency and intensity we had prior to that 5 week break. Injuries certainly haven’t helped but every club has those and earlier in the season everybody who stepped in did a great job. I just hope we can re group and finish with 2 wins although it will be difficult in the capital if there are more injuries. Overall it must have been a really difficult year within the club with only 6 home games to gain revenue. Not easy for future planning and squad improvement. Good luck fellas let’s try and finish with a bang. 

I wasn't there yesterday so can't comment on the game, but the old saying of not getting too carried away whether winning or losing is always relevant. 

Got to admit I had no expectations before the start of the season as we had so many new players and I was worried about the lack of size in the pack. But the lads have far exceeded what I hoped for, and yes its disappointing that we have been well beaten in the last two games when it was all in our own hands. But we just have to hope they can get back in the groove for the last couple of games to give us a good shot in the play offs. We can beat any team on the day especially at home, and with DP rocking it will give the club a much needed revenue boost. 

I'm sure we might get one of those catch up games played that I've always said we should play too! 😉

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

I have a look on the star website and it seems they virtually stopped covering town 

That is because important stories like a lady who has lost some weight is setting up business in Whitehaven and needs some free publicity. Semi professional sports can't compete when there are lazy freelance journalists that want the stories on their lap, instead of going and actually reporting on things. I gave up on all of Cumbrian Newspapers offerings long ago, the Crimes & Star isn't even worth it now. After yesterday I think Radio Cumbria is heading the same way.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

I have a look on the star website and it seems they virtually stopped covering town 

Anything that has been in the star this season has just either been taken from Chris’s after match interview or from the interviews on Facebook. Gone are the days when there was John Walsh who actually did his job. Can’t believe I used to buy it. 

10 hours ago, GeordieTownie said:

I’ve only seen Town 3 times this season and they’ve been average on each occasion,

Should we get promoted we’d need 20 new players to compete which would be a financial disaster.

I think most agree that we haven’t played well in all games but prior to the covid break the team was performing to a level that was really greater than the sum of its parts. Yes, we would need to strengthen, but would it be as big a financial disaster as being cut a drift in a league that I think will cease to exist in its current form once restructures are put in place. We have got an excellent coach who will get the most out of the players he is working with. Throwing money at supposedly better players doesn’t always work as we know only too well and as Barrow have found out this year. On paper they should have walked this league and even given the injuries they have suffered their squad depth should still have been sufficient. They are in pole position now but I don’t think they ever thought it would be as close as it’s been. 

12 hours ago, GeordieTownie said:

I’ve only seen Town 3 times this season and they’ve been average on each occasion,

Should we get promoted we’d need 20 new players to compete which would be a financial disaster.

Im sure the increased central funding and crowd revenue from games against Leigh, Widnes, Featherstone etc would go a long way to mitigating the extra cost, Im sure we would be sensible enough to know which teams we are competing against.

Hopefully you arent going to anymore games this season if you bring out the worst in the team

Just now, town4me said:

Are you sure about that? Our friends up the roads attendances against such clubs are shocking to say the least. 

By comparison to the away numbers we get in League one? Yes. Those three plus Bulls at least are going to bring 200 more paying spectators than anyone in this league has to date. Then factor in two Cumbrian derbies.

8 minutes ago, Gillmeister80 said:

By comparison to the away numbers we get in League one? Yes. Those three plus Bulls at least are going to bring 200 more paying spectators than anyone in this league has to date. Then factor in two Cumbrian derbies.

Fair point but if you get on the back end of a thumping or two it puts a lot off. 

1 hour ago, Gillmeister80 said:

Im sure the increased central funding and crowd revenue from games against Leigh, Widnes, Featherstone etc would go a long way to mitigating the extra cost, Im sure we would be sensible enough to know which teams we are competing against.

Hopefully you arent going to anymore games this season if you bring out the worst in the team

Fans are fickle, 50% of them will only support a winning team and the Championship league is a large step up from the lower league and a large investment in recruitment of players will be required. 

2 hours ago, town4me said:

Isn't there a restructuring of the leagues on the cards?  RL needs to back to Two leagues. C1 remaining could see clubs go to the wall and the championship has been poor this season. 

You seen many championship games this season marra? 

Don't you worry about us and our attendances you've enough on your plate trying to get out of league 1.

Archived