Doncaster away

Derwent Park SC

21 minutes ago, Havenfan10 said:

You seen many championship games this season marra? 

Don't you worry about us and our attendances you've enough on your plate trying to get out of league 1.

It was a small discussion about crowds and being equipped for the championship. Once the effects of the pandemic ease on RL the big clubs will start moving their players out on loan etc to the Yorkshire and m62 corridor championship clubs and it will return to being a tough league to stay in. As I say I hope it gets restructured back to Two leagues for the good of cumbrian RL

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, town4me said:

It was a small discussion about crowds and being equipped for the championship. Once the effects of the pandemic ease on RL the big clubs will start moving their players out on loan etc to the Yorkshire and m62 corridor championship clubs and it will return to being a tough league to stay in. As I say I hope it gets restructured back to Two leagues for the good of cumbrian RL

Big clubs have been loaning players out all season marra!? Bradford even had a super league player on loan for a few games. Wigan had a young lad playing last night he played against us a few weeks back. 

I’ve no doubt it’s a big step up . You look at some of those squads in the bottom half and they’d walk through this league. It’s tough week in week out   but it’ll be a good watch and however much a challenge you’ve got to want to go for it.

To say we would need 20 new players is a bit facetious, we would need to add some experience and power to the squad for sure but Haven seemed to have managed OK since Covid gave them a break? Surely similar circumstances? There are no guarantees in team building year on year, and it wasn't too long ago we turned over the Bulls twice! Did we build on that team? No. For me get out of this league FULL STOP, recruit sensibly then give it your best shot. 

7 hours ago, DocH said:

To say we would need 20 new players is a bit facetious, we would need to add some experience and power to the squad for sure but Haven seemed to have managed OK since Covid gave them a break? Surely similar circumstances? There are no guarantees in team building year on year, and it wasn't too long ago we turned over the Bulls twice! Did we build on that team? No. For me get out of this league FULL STOP, recruit sensibly then give it your best shot. 

Not facetious at all. Name me 10 players who could do well in the league above? 

Fell

Young 

Singleton

Wellington 

Holyroyd (super league for me)

Doran 

Forber but apparently retiring 

Fitzsimmons 

Odonnell

Weetman 

Barnes

Hanley 

Obrien

Henson

Scholey 

Clarke

Miller

Marwood

Wilson 

Is that enough would all be good enough for the championship let alons

26 minutes ago, havenhater said:

Fell

Young 

Singleton

Wellington 

Holyroyd (super league for me)

Doran 

Forber but apparently retiring 

Fitzsimmons 

Odonnell

Weetman 

Barnes

Hanley 

Obrien

Henson

Scholey 

Clarke

Miller

Marwood

Wilson 

Is that enough would all be good enough for the championship let alons

None of those would get in a championship side except Holyroyd 

21 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

None of those would get in a championship side except Holyroyd 

Thanks for that, very well thought out reply. Do you mind if we wait to see if we get promoted and then, no disrespect to your obvious expert judgment, I’ll wait to see who our coach thinks would be capable in addition to those he gave long contracts to at the start of the season. 

19 hours ago, town4me said:

Seen town twice this season on our league . Both times they looked really good . Scholey Moore Barnes Fitzsimmons out of the pack would certainly do it . O,donnell and o,brian the  hookers would . Miller singleton and Doran would . Can't comment on the travellers and the new young lads haven't seen them enough.

26 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Thanks for that, very well thought out reply. Do you mind if we wait to see if we get promoted and then, no disrespect to your obvious expert judgment, I’ll wait to see who our coach thinks would be capable in addition to those he gave long contracts to at the start of the season. 

I dont mind no. 

57 minutes ago, Gillmeister80 said:

Early start on the pop?

Haha I wish mate! In hindsight I was probably a bit harsh, but some on the list wouldn't be championship standard, I don't want to give examples as I don't want to single players out but I'm sure I'm not the only one who looked at the list and thought ' come off it '! 

Our best player before long will be Jake Bradley a lad who has came from Hensingham and who has slowly come through and on Sunday looked unplayable. It shows with good coaching and the lads will to learn anyone can make the step up, it’s just about the lad if he wants it enough. On any given day anyone can beat anyone. I think if you get up you will be fine. 

2 hours ago, Cumbria RL said:

Our best player before long will be Jake Bradley a lad who has came from Hensingham and who has slowly come through and on Sunday looked unplayable. It shows with good coaching and the lads will to learn anyone can make the step up, it’s just about the lad if he wants it enough. On any given day anyone can beat anyone. I think if you get up you will be fine. 

The lads developed well pal , he's trained hard and took his chances when they have come to him and stuck in , a lot of young lads don't they just think they should be given a place without the hard work, hopefully he can progress further , it's good for the area , well done to him .

On 25/08/2021 at 16:02, TOWN TILL I DIE said:

can someone please settle debate im having over the table so currently

we have Played 12 Won 9 Drawn 1 Lost 2 gives us a win % of 79.17%

Barrow have played 14 Won 10 Drawn 1 Lost 3 gives them a win % of 75.00%

lets say none of the games called off are replayed, if we win 2 out of our remaining 3 games and Barrow win all 3 of theirs what will the % be for us and them ?

Divided Games played into points won then multiply by 50.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

5 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Haha I wish mate! In hindsight I was probably a bit harsh, but some on the list wouldn't be championship standard, I don't want to give examples as I don't want to single players out but I'm sure I'm not the only one who looked at the list and thought ' come off it '! 

Who knows. There's a few names in the haven squad who you'd have thought weren't up to it, and are flying. 

If the lads get promoted, they deserve a crack. Never had as much trust in a coach as I do in Thorman and his support staff. 

4 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Unless I’ve worked it out wrong if Barra draw at Rochdale and we win at London we’ll have exactly the same points percentage of 75 

Your right David,  but Barrow have a better points difference so if that actually happened I think that’s taken into account. 

Well I hope none off the team are reading this thread team morale will be at a low due to current form and reading this won't help the situation either this team have probably been the stand out team in the league this year until the last couple weeks so let's keep behind the team and push for this promotion that us fans and the club deserves 

On 31/08/2021 at 14:03, Havenfan10 said:

Big clubs have been loaning players out all season marra!? Bradford even had a super league player on loan for a few games. Wigan had a young lad playing last night he played against us a few weeks back. 

I hope you make the playoffs and get to SL next season marra.

As SL would never allow your cabbage patch stadium in SL, Town would make a fortune off you lot renting DP and of course the drink money.

Up the Haven...🤣🤣 - ok doesn't quite work like UTT!!

Archived