Featherstone Rovers

Dave Naylor

A bit of appreciation for a squad of players who have been working 'their socks off' to improve their performances wouldn't go amiss either. Against Toulouse, the commitment and pride put into that performance, was fantastic and proved the amount of work they have been putting in. Just like the fans, the lads will be frustrated and disappointed with how the season has gone, but they have continued to better themselves and deserve the fans to stick with them, to the end.

It was a treat to be at the game against Toulouse - it was a game I had looked forward to, despite anticipating a loss. It's always good to see a quality team like the full-time, French side in action and the bonus on Sunday, was that our lads rose to the occasion and performed with a new found confidence and a lot of pride. 

1 hour ago, Logic said:

A bit of appreciation for a squad of players who have been working 'their socks off' to improve their performances wouldn't go amiss either. Against Toulouse, the commitment and pride put into that performance, was fantastic and proved the amount of work they have been putting in. Just like the fans, the lads will be frustrated and disappointed with how the season has gone, but they have continued to better themselves and deserve the fans to stick with them, to the end.

It was a treat to be at the game against Toulouse - it was a game I had looked forward to, despite anticipating a loss. It's always good to see a quality team like the full-time, French side in action and the bonus on Sunday, was that our lads rose to the occasion and performed with a new found confidence and a lot of pride. 

Excellent post. To move from a shell-shocked, hapless, bunch to a fighting team, given the desperate situation they find themselves in, shows immense grit and character. We have to be proud of these players- they could so easily have given up.

Squad is the same as last week and after that excellent performance you wouldn't want make too many changes. I'd still like to see Hartley get some more game time as he has impressed me almost every time he has played. I'd move Ince to right wing and put Hartley right centre and leave out Brierley.

Can only ask for more of the same we got in last weeks performance. Fev are a quality side and will throw just as much at us as Toulouse. COME ON OLDHAM.

Fev were way too good for us in those first 20 mins and they were attacking us on every play. Blackmore and Halton I thought were fantastic for them. After we got the ball back and got into the swing of the game I thought we played well for the last 20 of the first half and really caused them some difficulty on our right side through Langtree,Hartley and Ince. Second half unfortunately got off to a bad start with a try from the kick off and then Fev just controlled the game and we didn't throw too much at them second half.

Joe Hartley had his best game for us and was fantastic. He should have played way more games this season and I hope we've offered him a deal for next year as he'll rip League One up. Langtree was excellent again. What happened to Danny earlier in the season I don't know but he's been fantastic recently. Ince had his best game of the season playing in his best position of right wing for the first time this season. Thought Spence was much improved on last week. Kicking game is very good and put in some lovely chips that should have been chased better.  Thought Gregory was very promising as well after being out so long.

The effort was there again across the board but it looks like we will be going down. I actually think we are capable of winning our last 3 games as Widnes seem to be on holiday and then we can definitely beat Newcastle and Dewsbury but I think we've left it too late.

• 2 weeks later...

Stats-

Abram-2 tackles. one miss. 2 tackle busts. 7 carries=29m

Ince-8 tackles. one miss. 2 tackle busts. 14 carries=116m

Hartley-20 tackles. 2 misses. 4 tackle busts. one clean break. 10 carries=94m

Roberts-18 tackles. 6 misses. 3 tackle busts. one clean break. 11 carries=87m

Holcroft-one tackle. one miss. 6 carries=25m

Spence-21 tackles. 2 misses. one tackle bust. one try assist. 4 carries=5m

Hewitt-9 tackles. 3 misses. one tackle bust. one try assist. 2 carries=7m

Joy-31 tackles. 4 misses. 13 carries=90m

Owen-7 tackles. 3 misses. no carries

Dupree-36 tackles. 5 misses. 3 offloads. 5 tackle busts. 20 carries=118m