Jump to content

3 SL Clubs Fined for Covid Breaches


Recommended Posts


We deduct points for breaching the salary cap on the grounds of it damaging the integrity of the competition but yet only fine these clubs who have, IMHO, committed much more serious breaches of the rules.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Regarding Castleford and Huddersfield;

Separately, the RFL Board ruled that each club had effectively forfeited the game, and that their opponents be awarded the match and the competition points by a deemed score of 24-0.

Castleford therefore forfeit one game but are awarded another  leaving them unaffected on the league table.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Harsh on Huddersfield in my opinion, they had 11 senior players out through injury (not Covid) all of whom had surgery for the injury. They had 5 players pulled from their remaining squad to play in the Mid Season England v All Stars match and then had 5 Covid isolations. 

They tried to cancel their match due to being unable to field a squad of sufficient quality and yet are fined for breaching the integrity of the competition! The very thing they were trying to preserve by not fielding a substantially weakened team.

With the one exception of Wigan, no one has played more games than Huddersfield!

Edited by OMEGA
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, wasginger said:

Oh damn it's not featherstone again. How can I tell. Well, this forum hasn't gone into meltdown.

Good grief, how much of a chip on your shoulder have you got?

As far as I'm aware the clubs fined here didn't engage in a conspiracy to cover up what happened or actually go ahead and play a game when a bunch of players should have been isolating.

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

Harsh on Huddersfield in my opinion, they had 11 senior players out through injury (not Covid) all of whom had surgery for the injury. They had 5 players pulled from their remaining squad to play in the Mid Season England v All Stars match and then had 5 Covid isolations. 

They tried to cancel their match due to being unable to field a squad of sufficient quality and yet are fined for breaching the integrity of the competition! The very thing they were trying to preserve by not fielding a substantially weakened team.

If you've not got enough Covid cases or contacts you can't just not play. Injuries are a regular part of the game. Covid isn't.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wembley final day......Saints good to play and win the Challenge Cup. No COVID absentees at all.

Wembley plus 1 day............Saints cavort around in celebration.

Wembley plus 2 days...........Saints crowd together for open top bus tour. Pandemic what pandemic?

Wembley plus 4 days...........Saints call off fixture with Hull KR due to COVID.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

Wembley final day......Saints good to play and win the Challenge Cup. No COVID absentees at all.

Wembley plus 1 day............Saints cavort around in celebration.

Wembley plus 2 days...........Saints crowd together for open top bus tour. Pandemic what pandemic?

Wembley plus 4 days...........Saints call off fixture with Hull KR due to COVID.

Saints very clearly set out the timetable of what happened, who was tested and when the positive results were returned.

Probably worth you reading that first tbh as it's pretty evident you haven't so far.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DimmestStar said:

Regarding Castleford and Huddersfield;

Separately, the RFL Board ruled that each club had effectively forfeited the game, and that their opponents be awarded the match and the competition points by a deemed score of 24-0.

Castleford therefore forfeit one game but are awarded another  leaving them unaffected on the league table.

If subsequent postponements can be linked back to breaking protocols, then they should be forfeited as well

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RigbyLuger said:

It's a very strange double standard, unless the RFL are yet to rule on that. If not, fans of the three fined will be sending them that picture.

Wernt they in the same bubble ? If so nothing wrong.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

But that's just Saints story just as Castleford's lame excuses are theirs.

How did  Saints get a mass out break of COVID in the 2 days between the open top bus parade...which everyone attended and was supposedly fine.... and calling off their Super League game?

Nothing to do with drunken cavorting around with beers and medals no doubt.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So are the clubs that were denied the fixtures going to be awarded 24-0 wins?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Why is so much of the fine suspended? Asking for a friend.

It's generally done if the clubs in question haven't been up for disciplinary actions in the recent past. Any trouble in the near future, and they'll have to pay the suspended element and not get a part or full suspension next time around. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Please view my photos.

 

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

 

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

 

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

Regarding Castleford and Huddersfield;

Separately, the RFL Board ruled that each club had effectively forfeited the game, and that their opponents be awarded the match and the competition points by a deemed score of 24-0.

Castleford therefore forfeit one game but are awarded another  leaving them unaffected on the league table.

Only if their win percentage ends up at 50%.

Edited by Griff

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...