Sat 28-Sun 29 Aug: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25/08/2021 at 11:06, Rowan said:

Barrow's gate may be down a bit on Saturday - the football team are at home to Bristol Rovers 3 pm) which, for some folk who follow both clubs is probably a better attraction than Raiders v. Skolars.(2 pm) Don't know why we are playing on Saturday unless it's at London's request.  A thousand plus after two defeats at Crusaders ad Donny would be a good turn-out

Cartmel races also historically takes fans away from both clubs 

44 minutes ago, Johnny Ringo said:

Doncaster edge a tight game against Workington 22-12 

Hunslet just hold off Coventry 32-30 

The score line is not indicative of the Dons display ( 5 tries to 2) and they way they stopped Workington from playing.

“It is not revenge we want for poor people, but happiness; indeed, what revenge can be taken for all the thousands of years of the sufferings of the poor?”

1 hour ago, Rowan said:

So nearly 1500 was not bad at all.  Just over 2100 at the soccer.

Something not right with the Soccers attendance, They was more there than  announced B Rovers sold 300 tickets in advance & you always gave away dayers who pay on the gate & that away end looked way more than 40% full, more like 70% full to my eyes, Yer the away figure announced was less than 300???

They we’re also more home fans in attendance than announced imho….I could be wrong here.

1 hour ago, Bring back GB said:

I bet Bristol Rovers brought a fair chunk of the 2100 at the soccer 

Less than 300 announced & I thought they had at least 400/450ish & I also thought they’re were more home fans than announced, Similar to the Hartlepool game when everyone laughed when they announced the gate??

Bears near pulled off a away win.

Once again they went in at half-time with a big deficit on the scoreboard.

They fought back to 32-30 and looked to have scored a try late on. The touch judge indicated a try but the ref over ruled him.

C'est la vie 

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

1 hour ago, Bearman said:

Bears near pulled off a away win.

Once again they went in at half-time with a big deficit on the scoreboard.

They fought back to 32-30 and looked to have scored a try late on. The touch judge indicated a try but the ref over ruled him.

C'est la vie 

Please don't make up for it next week! We really need that 3rd place.

2 hours ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

Was it a try (but ruled otherwise, obviously), Bearman?

I have a still clip from the game that shows the ball being downed and a video of the move that shows it was a try. But it's in the newspapers that says it wasn't .......so that's it.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Archived