Thu 26 Aug: SL: Salford Red Devils v Catalans Dragons KO 19:30

Who will win?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Catalans Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/08/21 at 19:00

Looking at the makeup of Cats squad I'm guessing Rouge will get a start alongside Maloney in the halves again, though they could just run a 4-forward bench (Cozza debuting) if McIlorum can go 80 with Mourgue starting at half.

Will be interesting to see what they do next season with Maloney gone, will Mourgue suffer from his utility value and end up pigeon-holed into that 14 role which has served them so well this year? Another consideration will be whether the Storm still have aspirations to get Rouge down to Aus like he was meant to this season. Whether or not McIlorum sticks around will likely have a decent bearing on those spine plans too. Either way they're in a good position with so many youngsters pushing through at the moment while the more experienced heads are all still offering quality football as well.

Both packs are depleted however Salford are missing quite a few key big bodies which should help Cats young pack. Cats by 14. 

I tried to work out the winning margin on my calculator (yes, I am that old!), but it just came up with "E". Anyone know what that means?

Cats by so many, the scoreboard operator will get rsi.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

A first for Cozza in the forwards. Means all 6 apprentices will have played this year. 9 French players here tonight I think (10 if you include Escare). Dragons only one success at this venue since 2016.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

1 hour ago, audois said:

A first for Cozza in the forwards. Means all 6 apprentices will have played this year. 9 French players here tonight I think (10 if you include Escare). Dragons only one success at this venue since 2012.

I like the look of Cozza he looks a decent player 

2 hours ago, The Daddy said:

I like the look of Cozza he looks a decent player 

The club turned a corner this past year.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Salford played much better than the score suggests with 2 good tries disallowed and Inu`s kicking not up to his standard.

Liam Moore had a poor game as referee - he was overshadowed by Sam Tomkins plus James Maloney.

Surely Catalan may become the worst Super League leaders of all time.   

If so the standard of SL has fallen tremendously this season.

Archived