Thu 26 Aug: SL: Hull FC v Castleford Tigers KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/08/21 at 19:15

A hell of a lot of pressure on the HFC line so far this half.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Not a good evening for the Hull clubs. Cas looked very determined and aggressive.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hull looked like they might have the firepower, but seemed to spend much of the game bristling against some unseen injustice. Castleford looked a bit disheveled when McShane went off, but settled into a good simple gameplan and worked their socks off. Turner and Milner were very impressive, and all the big forwards did well.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Any images of Jake Connor shushing  the cas fans tonight?

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

22 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Don't look it to me. Hull fans can give a better opinion.

Defensively and in terms of attitude we are definitely better. Out goal line defence is much better organised and we look eager to keep our line in tact. Everything else still needs plenty of work undoubtedly.

On 26/08/2021 at 22:19, northamptoncougar said:

Have FC actually improved under Hodgeson?

Think it's impossible to make an overall judgement in a year like we've all had with the disruptions thanks to Covid hitting teams in different ways at different times. 

I certainly think our defence is far better, and our attitude in games certainly not like in the Radford era (although I did worry about our attitude against Saints recently). It's our attack that's been hit and miss still.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

On 26/08/2021 at 22:19, northamptoncougar said:

Have FC actually improved under Hodgeson?

Without question in my opinion.

Attitude to defend the most noticeable improvement. Remember the squad is no different with the exception of Josh Reynolds so I think its fair to say that whatever style Hodgson wants to play is limited and will take a couple of years to change fully. A number of players have improved under his coaching = Satae and Lane the most obvious. A couple are still plodders and this is what we need to change. Its about getting the most out of the squad until he can bring his own players in.

Didn't watch the Cas game live but caught up with it last night and not as down as a lot of FC fans. We lost the energy battle big time, fair play to Cas who were a lot sharper in all facets of the game. 

Archived