Wed 25 Aug: SL: Wigan Warriors v Leeds Rhinos KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/08/21 at 19:15

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent audio tonight, crowd interactions picked up clearly by the broadcast for a change. All too often the crowd noise is highly suppressed in favour of the ramblings in the commentary box but not so tonight. Small crowd but good acoustic levels so reasonable atmosphere created.

15 minutes ago, Roy Haggerty said:

Blimey this is a terrible game. 

a clash between wigan and leeds was once something to savour- what the hell has happened to our game?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Just now, Rawschach said:

With a game as poor as this one, the pressure is on the commentators to keep things interesting

oh dear

bill arthurs not gonna streak is he?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

I’ll be honest, I used to watch every to game on telly. Then I started not bothering with games involving the also-rans unless Saints were playing. But I always made the time to watch Leeds v Wigan, because it’s traditionally a quality game, big crowd and has trophy consequences. 

###### me, though. At this rate I’ll be filing future games in the same category as Salford v Leigh and doing something else instead!

7 minutes ago, Rawschach said:

With a game as poor as this one, the pressure is on the commentators to keep things interesting

oh dear

Makes it more depressing when Terry O’Connor has to resort to ‘He’s carried it in hard there’ etc. in a desperate attempt to make it seem a good watch. 

Archived