Wed 25 Aug: SL: Wigan Warriors v Leeds Rhinos KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/08/21 at 19:15

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Grandson babysitting tonight & thankfully he woke up with 10 mins to go.Had to shoulder charge the wife though to get to the stairs first.

Well, I hope you got yellow-carded!

Nice bloke Adrian Lam but nice guys don't win rugby league games.  I think Lam needs to go now.  It's like 2019 again. 2020 was decent but that was a weird season. So much for bringing in attacking rugby. Just no creativity whatsoever. 

A truly abject performance from Wigan. Clueless in attack. Appeared to have no idea when they got close to Leeds' line.

When you perform so poorly in consecutive weeks it can be hard to drag yourself up. I think not being at home may help.

Wigan's run in on paper looks unfavourable. Even if they get in the play offs, it's hard to see them doing anything. A big difference between a late run of form to get a play off place and clinging onto one.

Some big decisions to be made this off season.

3 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Who do Wigan fans want or who do you think gets fans back.  McDer,  Danny Ward.  Or has it already been decided? 

sad thing is lams right hand man peet is talking over, i fear cas will win 50-0 on monday.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

3 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

That's zero tries in 2 consecutive home games. Painful stuff.

How on earth have they managed to still sit 4th with the performances they've been putting in recently?!

Wigan's best bet is to cry Covid for the next month.

They somehow had their best start to Super League and sat at the top for a while. That was by beating lower table teams and as soon as they came up against a supposed Top 6 team they got beat, and haven't stopped since.

48 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Shocking performance. Field, bateman, hardaker big earners pinching money.

Hastings is one of the few that tried tonight, bet he wishes he was back at salford and surrounded by some triers.

Maybe Batemans level is the NRL - just can't seem to handle SL.

12 minutes ago, my missus said:

sad thing is lams right hand man peet is talking over, i fear cas will win 50-0 on monday.

It won’t happen - half the problem with Wigan is they won’t get hammered, they will fight valiantly and lose without threat.

As a Saints fan I enjoy wogan travails but Super Leagie needs Saints, Wigan, Leeds, Hull, Catalans all firing. That’s a great league.

This is a garbage league.

18 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Who do Wigan fans want or who do you think gets fans back.  McDer,  Danny Ward.  Or has it already been decided? 

As long as Radlinski keeps bringing in the dross he has it doesn’t really matter,can’t polish a ######.

4 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I agree we are massively missing Gale, but I expect Mclelland and Lui to be put half backs, Mclelland had his best game yet for Leeds last week imo.

Even without Oledski, who for me is one of the best props in Super League, I think the Leeds forwards are far superior to Wigan’s and will win the game for Leeds.

you got it right.... I got it wrong.

i feel it will happen everything points to a hammering coming, the players are shot after playing with 4 or 5 day turnarounds the confidence is also shot and powell is a clever coach who will punish wigans hoplessness.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

1 hour ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

Anyone know the words to the repetitive song the Leeds fans keep singing? Seems to be sung by supporters of the team who are winning. Warrington, Saints and Hull were singing it over and over in recent televised games, and soccer team fans sing it too. I can't make out the words, someone know?? Thanks.

Lam's reported comments on BBC are very flat:

It's tough. When you don't have confidence, you don't have cohesion and you just start playing on your own.

"We look like a rudderless ship. Our spine and key players are not combining well. We seem to have a different full-back each week, it makes it really hard to build any momentum

Hopefully we don't make the play offs then we can regroup, rethink, rebuild and reset.

the great thing is though Wigan are once again proving to be the club that brings the headlines.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

It's bad enough seeing 'fans' slagging off the game; do we need it from current players too?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

26 minutes ago, Derwent said:

I think it’s a given that Lockers will be Wigan coach at some point, it’s just a question of who fills the gap in the meantime.

Thats been decided, unless there is a change of heart, and is another reason for many fans discontent. 

Archived