Wed 25 Aug: SL: Wigan Warriors v Leeds Rhinos KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/08/21 at 19:15

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Padge said:

Hopefully we don't make the play offs then we can regroup, rethink, rebuild and reset.

the great thing is though Wigan are once again proving to be the club that brings the headlines.

Agree on all points. This season is a write-off for the game anyway, and for us definitely.

51 minutes ago, Damien said:

Thats been decided, unless there is a change of heart, and is another reason for many fans discontent. 

If as rumoured Peet gets the job,it will be a huge statement that the club is excepting mediocrity,he’ll simply be a “yes” man who won’t speak out against the clubs shambolic  player retention/recruitment policies.

22 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

If as rumoured Peet gets the job,it will be a huge statement that the club is excepting mediocrity,he’ll simply be a “yes” man who won’t speak out against the clubs shambolic  player retention/recruitment policies.

Good grief. Not a serious rumour, I trust.

2 hours ago, M j M said:

Apparently the first time Wigan have been nilled at home since this beautiful thing in 1991.

Yeah but we went onto win the 3 major trophies that year,we won’t win 3 more games this year.

14 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Yeah but we went onto win the 3 major trophies that year,we won’t win 3 more games this year.

Pah your so-called major trophies pale compared to our moral victory in that game.

Edit - I'll add that, to this day, 19 is one of my lottery numbers because of this match.

1 hour ago, M j M said:

Pah your so-called major trophies pale compared to our moral victory in that game.

Edit - I'll add that, to this day, 19 is one of my lottery numbers because of this match.

72-6 later on in the same season.

Offiah 10 tries.

I went to both games.

Championship, Challenge Cup and Premiership pale compared to Loiners' moral victory. Fair enough.

16 hours ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

Says it all.

I don't often agree with Koukash but as an advert for the game between 2 top 6 teams looking for a GF challenge then it was embarrassing. Terrible game by 2 very average sides. I reckon either of those teams would get a good spanking by the Canterbury Bulldogs and they're complete doggy doo in the NRL !!!

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

1 hour ago, Wigan Riversider said:

72-6 later on in the same season.

Offiah 10 tries.

I went to both games.

Championship, Challenge Cup and Premiership pale compared to Loiners' moral victory. Fair enough.

When things are looking  bleak ... Reminisce 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

10 hours ago, Just Browny said:

It's bad enough seeing 'fans' slagging off the game; do we need it from current players too?

He is right though.

I'd rather see that than the stuff you see on here, where fans defend the indefensible. Last season particularly, there were punters on here friskily telling anyone who'd listen that the Super League 'product' was just as good as the NRL. 

1 hour ago, Saint Toppy said:

I don't often agree with Koukash but as an advert for the game between 2 top 6 teams looking for a GF challenge then it was embarrassing. Terrible game by 2 very average sides. I reckon either of those teams would get a good spanking by the Canterbury Bulldogs and they're complete doggy doo in the NRL !!!

He may be right that it was a poor game but look at the team sheets, players missing all over the place

I’m getting absolutely sick of people especially those in the sport deathriding the game, I mean Eorl tweeted something positive and guess what someone like koukash pops up being really negative.

Hes well within is rights to post whatever he likes but do people think e get more support or more interest in the game from investors, sponsors or partners by constantly doing the game down.

All sports have poor games some more poor games than good ones yet you don’t see people within the game talking about it dying.

2 hours ago, Wigan Riversider said:

Both the original poster and I were reminiscing. What is your 

Just thinking when we had those hidings from you I used to reminisce not the 0-19 ,but long before that 25-4 1968 there weren't too many from a Leeds perspective.  I wasnt being facetious 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Sky TV own and run SL and it saddens me.

I went to Leeds v Wigan Dec 1994. Wigan lost in a fantastic game and were on BBC spoty programme later that evening.

Back then I believed in a change to summer rugby and the prospect of SL. It was mooted after Brisbane v Wigan 1994.

Now I only watch the amateur game live.

Archived