FRANCE v ENGLAND

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tippingsarmswarrior said:

Glad it is away Paul. And glad it’s in Perpignan. More easy to get to then Avignon in 2016. 

Loved Avignon though my French friend Bernard from Cahors and myself stay in a wonderful little hotel in Althen Des Paluds the locals still speak Provencal in the local bar:)

Paul

2 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Loved Avignon though my French friend Bernard from Cahors and myself stay in a wonderful little hotel in Althen Des Paluds the locals still speak Provencal in the local bar:)

Paul

Lovely place Avignon Paul. Only did 2 days so only got to see the bars but would love to do a few more days and see more of the place. Just was complicated to get to , no flights from northwest , had to fly into Marseille from stansted and then get the train down. 

59 minutes ago, Tippingsarmswarrior said:

Lovely place Avignon Paul. Only did 2 days so only got to see the bars but would love to do a few more days and see more of the place. Just was complicated to get to , no flights from northwest , had to fly into Marseille from stansted and then get the train down. 

With regards to your trip my advise would be fly to Spain and take the train up although when driving from Spain a couple of weeks ago there was control at the first motorway toll in France checking everyone a week before we left, on the day we left ZERO:) French are very predictable always no checks before 8AM and lunch 12 to 2/3 and after 5/6 LOL:)

Paul

Paul

2 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

With regards to your trip my advise would be fly to Spain and take the train up although when driving from Spain a couple of weeks ago there was control at the first motorway toll in France checking everyone a week before we left, on the day we left ZERO:) French are very predictable always no checks before 8AM and lunch 12 to 2/3 and after 5/6 LOL:)

Paul

Paul

Flying direct to Perpignan from Birmingham Paul. Just hope it’s the right date and the game goes ahead. 

2 hours ago, Tippingsarmswarrior said:

Any more news on this Paul? If it’s going ahead or when it’s gonna be announced etc ? 

Morning TAW 

I received an e-mail yesterday and YES looks all good although seems nothing officially announced as yet.

I will keep you updated no doubt though there should be an announcement soon:)

Hopefully:)

Paul

24 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Morning TAW 

I received an e-mail yesterday and YES looks all good although seems nothing officially announced as yet.

I will keep you updated no doubt though there should be an announcement soon:)

Hopefully:)

Paul

Cheers Paul. 

already booked myself. But got a few mates wanting to book when it’s all announced. 

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Let's imagine I want to go to a game in France....where can I find out the official date, venue etc? It could be me being useless but I'm struggling to find anything.

Keep an eye on social media tomorrow. Dates venues will be confirmed. But it’s 23rd October in Perpignan. All will be officially confirmed tomorrow 

33 minutes ago, Tippingsarmswarrior said:

Heads up to anyone who is thinking about making the trip over to Perpignan on 23rd October. Flights from Birmingham to Perpignan £4.99 on the Wednesday morning and back from Perpignan to Birmingham on the Sunday afternoon £5 , £9.99 return with Ryanair. 

Plus £70 taxes, £60 internet booking fee, £40 for a carry on bag and £25 to have a p155? 

Archived