The Rugby League World Cup is coming to England between Saturday 15 October 2022 and Saturday 19 November 2022. 12 months later than planned, but bigger, better and bolder than ever before. The sport's best athletes will be on show as the men's, women's and wheelchair tournaments take place simultaneously for the first time ever. RLWC2021 can also announce that the men’s and women’s double-header final will be played as originally planned at Old Trafford in Manchester and are working hard to confirm other venues before the full 2022 schedule is released later this year.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

What I wouldn't give for us to trounce the Aussies in the final

The game really needs an England win, failing that anyone but Australia. It would certainly undermine their control of the international game and blasé attitude when they aren't even the best team.

28 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

What I wouldn't give for us to trounce the Aussies in the final

I hope England win but would enjoy it more if Australia didn't even get to the final. Normally I'd have preferred NZ, but after recent events I hope it's England v Fiji 

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

3 minutes ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

I hope England win but would enjoy it more if Australia didn't even get to the final. Normally I'd have preferred NZ, but after recent events I hope it's England v Fiji 

Its interesting being a rugby league fan I think because I always think in terms of the overall health of the game rather than in terms of the teams I support. While I am an England fan, quite frankly if someone new was to win the tournament I'd be very happy. If England got to the final and were playing one of the Pacific Islands and England lost, I probably wouldn't be that bothered because it would be excellent for the sport as a whole and that would make me happy. Essentially I will support anyone playing against Aus and NZ! 

59 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

The Rugby League World Cup is coming to England between Saturday 15 October 2022 and Saturday 19 November 2022. 12 months later than planned, but bigger, better and bolder than ever before. The sport's best athletes will be on show as the men's, women's and wheelchair tournaments take place simultaneously for the first time ever. RLWC2021 can also announce that the men’s and women’s double-header final will be played as originally planned at Old Trafford in Manchester and are working hard to confirm other venues before the full 2022 schedule is released later this year.

Here I am getting annoyed at rugby league in this country left, right and centre and then this one simple paragraph has me right back in again.

Bring it on.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

35 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

BBC confirms it will still be showing all 61 games https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/58339345

This is a big relief. I would have understood if the BBC had decided they they were having their time wasted by the NRL sabotage and offered reduced coverage for 2022.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

16 minutes ago, thebull13 said:

The Australians are already complaining about the short turnaround from their grand final to their first W/C game, which looks like it is 2 weeks between them. 

Oh dear (not)

38 minutes ago, thebull13 said:

The Australians are already complaining about the short turnaround from their grand final to their first W/C game, which looks like it is 2 weeks between them. 

They could always start their season a week or two earlier while they've now got a long summer off

58 minutes ago, thebull13 said:

That was quick. Where did you read that?

1 hour ago, thebull13 said:

They should say absolutely nothing about the World Cup beyond selling it and promising to come … Just turn up and get on with it , they’ve said more than enough and caused enough trouble 

Archived