• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

No, the RLWC final will be played 2 days before the opening match of the soccer WC. Ideal? No. But the best possible solution of the ones available. The fact that the BBC is still willing to show every match is crucial.  

That coverage assurance is helping to keep all the commercial partners on board, well done to the BBC.

23 hours ago, thebull13 said:

The Australians are already complaining about the short turnaround from their grand final to their first W/C game, which looks like it is 2 weeks between them. 

Why don’t we just save ourselves - I am English, well actually a Yorkshireman despite my moniker - a lot of unnecessary hassle in 2022 by getting on the phone now and telling V’Landys that ‘you Aussies can just sod off now’.

23 hours ago, DavidM said:

They should say absolutely nothing about the World Cup beyond selling it and promising to come … Just turn up and get on with it , they’ve said more than enough and caused enough trouble 

I have just been on the SMH Rugby League site and there is no mention of the new 2022 RLWC dates.

Isn't the post & message a bit misleading because i cant find any dates on the post? i like many got tickets for the opening weekend thought has i will be traveling from Devon would do both games, so when i got yesterdays E-Mail thought i would see if both games on same new weekend nothing only so called double header mentioned is the final so come RLWC Is the Scots game still on the opening weekend? if not then i will ask for a refund because i wont make a extra journey to Newcastle just for the Scots game. 

24 minutes ago, Devon Ram said:

Isn't the post & message a bit misleading because i cant find any dates on the post? i like many got tickets for the opening weekend thought has i will be traveling from Devon would do both games, so when i got yesterdays E-Mail thought i would see if both games on same new weekend nothing only so called double header mentioned is the final so come RLWC Is the Scots game still on the opening weekend? if not then i will ask for a refund because i wont make a extra journey to Newcastle just for the Scots game. 

An email I got this afternoon states:

Work now continues to release a full revised match schedule by no later than the end of the year.

I suppose they want to get all the venues for all the games tied up so they can release the full schedule in one go. Looks like you have a few weeks to wait

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

1 hour ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

An email I got this afternoon states:

Work now continues to release a full revised match schedule by no later than the end of the year.

I suppose they want to get all the venues for all the games tied up so they can release the full schedule in one go. Looks like you have a few weeks to wait

So why send out the message titled New RLWC Dates ?

2 minutes ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

I would guess because they have fixed the dates for the opener and the final and thought it prudent to get some communication out early

Got nothing to do with the start of the first period of claiming refunds !!!! its back fired because its not giving us the venues or dates i would like to keep my Newcastle tickets but not the Scots one if that turns out to be  a midweek game or the next weekend.

14 minutes ago, Devon Ram said:

Got nothing to do with the start of the first period of claiming refunds !!!! its back fired because its not giving us the venues or dates i would like to keep my Newcastle tickets but not the Scots one if that turns out to be  a midweek game or the next weekend.

I appreciate it’s probably a bit inconvenient for you (and for others), but I disagree about it backfiring. Constant communication on the tournament has been a hallmark of the strategy from the outset. This is a continuation of that strategy.

11 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

I appreciate it’s probably a bit inconvenient for you (and for others), but I disagree about it backfiring. Constant communication on the tournament has been a hallmark of the strategy from the outset. This is a continuation of that strategy.

Yep it is, i agree about keeping InTouch but the title is misleading i & others probley thought it was dates & venues for the revamp world cup.

50 minutes ago, Devon Ram said:

Yep it is, i agree about keeping InTouch but the title is misleading i & others probley thought it was dates & venues for the revamp world cup.

I think you’re being very harsh on the organisers. They’ve put the new dates that it runs from and to out pretty quickly and confirmed the opener and final. The title really isn’t misleading.

Huge job to reorganise all the dates and venues and you wouldn’t want to wait until everyone was confirmed across all 3 competitions before putting any info and reassurances out.

These guys have been put under the most intense pressure to cave in and they have dusted themselves down, renegotiated with partners and gone again. I am extremely grateful to have this to look forward to in 2022. It will be awesome.

Thanks RLWC organisers!!

On 26/08/2021 at 13:00, ShropshireBull said:

Why are we sure that they are even going to come? I still think they will pull out because the NRL doesn´t want it and they will still find cases to create reasons not to go. 

They'll be in their 125th lockdown after someone in Sydney sneezed and nobody wanted a vaccine...

1 hour ago, welshmagpie said:

Anybody had an email regarding refunds at all? I’ll still be going, just could do with the money for the run in to Christmas before buying again next spring. 

This is what it says on the RLWC2021 ticketing website, I haven't clicked through as I am waiting for the full schedule to come out hoping to retain all my tickets - though I have bought a student ticket for someone who won't be a student in 2022

Want a refund?

When we first went on sale, we made a commitment to support our supporters by offering a Refund Guarantee on all tickets. Due to the postponement of this year’s event, ticket holders are now eligible for a refund. Please note, our Refund Guarantee covers the full face value of any tickets bought, plus any delivery fee paid. Transaction fees, Ticket Plan refund protection and any other donations paid will not be refunded.

Please note, once a refund has been authorised and processed, the tickets will be released from your account and made available for purchase by other fans during the next sales phase.

For those looking to request a refund, you can begin the process by logging-in to your ticketing account below.

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

Archived