NRL Match Thread - Round 24 - 2021

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning all!

Knights lucky not to receive a sin-bin for that tackle on Campbell. Penalty kicked for 0:6.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Graham said:

Do you mean Guy Martin ex motorbike racer who does tv presenting on machinery etc.

Is he Lincolnshirish? With a very thick accent?

The Million Dollar Man is about to come on. Whether he'll bother doing anything is another matter.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

37 minutes ago, Graham said:

Do you mean Guy Martin ex motorbike racer who does tv presenting on machinery etc.

Possibly. Was meant to have a meal with mates at Guy Martin's pub near Humberside Airport last night but cut out early from motorbike ride to watch Wigan on TV ...who were lucky to get as many as zero points in a ###### game. 

46 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

Is he Lincolnshirish? With a very thick accent?

Martin starred in Closer to the Edge, a 2011 documentary on TT racing. He has since presented programmes on various engineering topics and the Channel 4 series Speed with Guy Martin when he set speed records in a variety of human and engine powered vehicles. He has authored four books, and competed in mountain bike pedal-cycle races.

He talks here:

He's not got an Irish accent. It's just broad Lincolnshire.

He talks here:

2 minutes ago, Graham said:

Martin starred in Closer to the Edge, a 2011 documentary on TT racing. He has since presented programmes on various engineering topics and the Channel 4 series Speed with Guy Martin when he set speed records in a variety of human and engine powered vehicles. He has authored four books, and competed in mountain bike pedal-cycle races.

He talks here:

He's not got an Irish accent. It's just broad Lincolnshire.

He talks here:

Aye, that were 'im.

Archived