NRL Match Thread - Round 24 - 2021

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Papenhuyzen down after a shoulder to the head but no penalty. Good ruling. Defender doesn't have to get out of the way and is allowed to brace for contact.

The streak is looking wobbly - Joey Lussick in for another Eels try.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Someone finally uses the optional 20m restart. Papenuyzen went for the long kick for line but it bounced the wrong way. Eels just need to hang on for 4 minutes.

This win (if Storm don't do something remarkable) will be even bigger for the Eels' confidence than their league points. They've got their mojo back!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Well done Parramatta! That was a tough win.

Eels 10:22 Storm at FT

Ralph Waldo Emerson

So two teams break their streaks today, the Storm and the Cows. I wasn't too surprised by the Cows win but I wouldn't have backed the Eels even with someone else's money.

Shame for Melbourne …. Honestly the things that are getting penalised and put on report down there are just ridiculous .  If you stay down of course so the bunker can see why you’re lying on the floor it really helps 

Perfect dry and sunny day in Redcliffe for Manly v Canterbury. Bulldogs looking to break a 9 game losing streak.

4mins, Saab try unconverted.                                                      Manly 4 Bulldogs 0.

!2 mins Saab over again but drops it on touchdown.

30 mins Doorey over for the Dogs. Flanagan converts.              Manly 4 Bulldogs 6

33 mins  Okunbor in at the corner. Flanagan converts.               Manly 4 Bulldogs 12

38 mins Olakau'ato over for Manly . Garrick converts.               Manly 10  Bulldogs 12

Just before HT Doorey off with serious looking knee injury.  HT. Manly 10 Bulldogs 12

44min: Tom Turbo try. I thought he dropped it but bunker didn't think so

Garrick goal

Manly  16 - 12

Aloiai 10 in the bin for lashing out with feet in tackle.

1 minute ago, George Watt said:

Sorry Fd -all yours now.

Don't apologise. It's a public forum. I only came in at HT. I'm a bit surprised at the scoreline. I've seen a few Dogs games this year where they played better than the score indicated.

Archived