The French Future

First here the Dragons new U19 in-take 28 youngsters to be based at the new facitity at Cabestany from September

Pole Espoirs run by the French Federation- 1st Carcassonne here and 2nd at Salon in Provence

131318304_4320752637942977_8322427229267174667_n.jpg.9e3e1c2e2dc1bd443ffc035c3ceab2e8.jpg

safe_image.jpg.943d40a52530626c21a47dca014ba4c4.jpg

safe_image.jpg.6fb7c6cb3d1fd10a79c5af2cc7bcd479.jpg

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

46 minutes ago, audois said:

First here the Dragons new U19 in-take 28 youngsters to be based at the new facitity at Cabestany from September

Pole Espoirs run by the French Federation- 1st Carcassonne here and 2nd at Salon in Provence

131318304_4320752637942977_8322427229267174667_n.jpg.9e3e1c2e2dc1bd443ffc035c3ceab2e8.jpg

safe_image.jpg.943d40a52530626c21a47dca014ba4c4.jpg

safe_image.jpg.6fb7c6cb3d1fd10a79c5af2cc7bcd479.jpg

These are my favourite type of threads.

Are the Pole Espoirs connected to specific clubs of do they get picked up by any clubs as they come out of it?

They're already in clubs, the club's help the parents to pay for the pole and school, they train together, play a few games against older teams, French selections or touring teams, they go back home and to their clubs on Fridays. 

My son has just started at the Carcassonne one, they've just finished a week of team bonding etc, walked over 100kms visiting cathare castles, kayaking, fitness sessions, ball work sessions and a match at the end, my son loves it! A bit of mental training with wake ups at 5am for a CrossFit session, carrying 20kg stones using team work  down from the summets of one of their hikes up a mountain, hill sprints as one  of them drop some litter😁. With all the families invited at the end for a drink and a feed. Some great photos on the pole espoir Facebook page 

On 26/08/2021 at 13:58, ATLANTISMAN said:

Its pure French stubborn resistance from dedicated rugby league people that has enabled the game to survive in France 🙂

WELL DONE great stuff.

Paul

It's what we need at home, now mate.

I'm really worried about the possibility of a hugely divisive cannibalistic decision next week.

My fondest wish is that we all stand together, against the world (if need be), like the 300 Spartans. 

13 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

It's what we need at home, now mate.

I'm really worried about the possibility of a hugely divisive cannibalistic decision next week.

My fondest wish is that we all stand together, against the world (if need be), like the 300 Spartans. 

What decision is taking place next week?

22 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

What decision is taking place next week?

How to divide up the Sky cash (restructure).

It seems the way to succeed is to have a strong regional club leading the way, rather than a lot of little clubs trying to be big clubs.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

13 hours ago, The Daddy said:

TO also in the mix

safe_image.jpg.7eaef93823f41cea23d6a5cfa0a940b0.jpg

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

14 hours ago, Padge said:

It seems the way to succeed is to have a strong regional club leading the way, rather than a lot of little clubs trying to be big clubs.

Carcassonne once had two sides playing in Elite 1 with St Jacque. Folded a round the 1960's. The late Mike Murphy Leigh/Saints international player turned out for them. The game in the Aude today has lost a lot of village sides. The way forward now here in Carcassonne is about building a strong base. Just this summer gone the Club has taken over the MJC school of rugby; now under the Carcassonne X111 umbrella. They are at the same time developing their village feeder clubs Villegailhenc (Elite 2 and coached by Vinny Anderson) as well as Villeneuve Minervois (Federal level).

In the Perpignan area lots of village sides for youngsters have their own local playing kits but carry the Dragons logo on their shorts. I think this is the way forward now with sports clubs. Carcassonne club has the best set-up in ages on and off the field with nearby Lezignan and Limoux also following on. The code in the Aude region now looking vivebrant.

12 hours ago, welshmagpie said:

Any update on Monday night live games, Paul? 

Funny enough I was on a one hour phone call with one of the committee on Friday last week.

90% for it (Seems 1/2 against) the VP is an ex TV guy who has the presidents ear as he seems to want to get a paid TV deal.

Will it happen IMHO not in a million years and ours is the only option along with local TV for now.

We have now given them a deadline to make a decision, however I would favour just doing a deal with clubs on their own which is the easiest route as it avoids all the red tape and infighting.

New president seems a switched on guy however there seems to be some baggage lying around which needs shedding to take things forward.

On 26/08/2021 at 13:00, barnyia said:

My son has just started at the Carcassonne one, they've just finished a week of team bonding etc, walked over 100kms visiting cathare castles, kayaking, fitness sessions, ball work sessions and a match at the end, my son loves it! A bit of mental training with wake ups at 5am for a CrossFit session, carrying 20kg stones using team work  down from the summets of one of their hikes up a mountain, hill sprints as one  of them drop some litter😁. With all the families invited at the end for a drink and a feed. Some great photos on the pole espoir Facebook page 

Sounds brilliant!

23 hours ago, bratman said:

Things getting better and better in France, just what SL and RL in general needs. Hopefully the game can continue to grow and we'll have 2 French sides in SL 🙂

Hopefully we will have 10 French sides in a competitive French "Super" league. 

Archived