What will be the crowd against the Bulls?

White Knight

Biggest crowd of the season?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Guess the crowd on Sunday.

• 2,001 - 2,500
    • 2,501 - 3,000
    • 3,001 - 3,500
    • 3,500 - 4,000

14 hours ago, Hopping Mad said:

The previous afternoon, York City FC played at the LNER - and didn't have any problems publicising their attendance (2,375). I assume York RL have decided to not divulge their 2021 attendances. Too disappointing, maybe?

According to the York City forum, the Knights marketing manager said on Twitter (or Facebook) the Knights don’t know their attendances because the SMC don’t tell them. 

46 minutes ago, ladyknight1967 said:

However, the staff at the turnstiles round the side were letting people in whose season tickets weren't working so guess there will be no record of them going in. 

To be honest most stadiums will run a tally of any extras who are admitted (people in wheelchairs, those who are unable to walk through the turnstiles) so I expect the volunteers stood next to the turnstile will have kept a tally which is then added onto the attendance.

My concern is if we don’t know the attendances, how are we to put our case forward for inclusion in Super League if the RFL invite clubs to apply again in future. Likewise if there’s a split or restructuring of leagues.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, AB Knight said:

According to the York City forum, the Knights marketing manager said on Twitter (or Facebook) the Knights don’t know their attendances because the SMC don’t tell them. 

To be honest most stadiums will run a tally of any extras who are admitted (people in wheelchairs, those who are unable to walk through the turnstiles) so I expect the volunteers stood next to the turnstile will have kept a tally which is then added onto the attendance.

My concern is if we don’t know the attendances, how are we to put our case forward for inclusion in Super League if the RFL invite clubs to apply again in future. Likewise if there’s a split or restructuring of leagues.

This is no criticism of York RLFC at all but the management company have to know precisely how many people are in the ground, otherwise they would lose their safety certificate.

Time to renegotiate that lease agreement if the management company are failing to fulfil their original contract.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

They won't tell the Knights Sunday's attendance because it was more than they got on Saturday for the football. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

This is no criticism of York RLFC at all but the management company have to know precisely how many people are in the ground, otherwise they would lose their safety certificate.

Time to renegotiate that lease agreement if the management company are failing to fulfil their original contract.

I have no doubt the stadium management company know the attendance. 

So it comes down to 1 of 2 things; Like one of the Knights employees suggests, they are refusing to pass the figure on.

Or

They are passing the crowd figure on but for whatever reason the club are unwilling to publish it.

I’d find the 2nd option very strange if true as the club posted the attendance of our 2nd home crowd with fans (1371 from memory) which was in my opinion a poor crowd given the winner went to Wembley. So it would be strange if they’d post a low 1371 crowd but not a pretty decent 2700/2800 against the Bulls.

and then once you manage to get in, theres someone sat in your allocated seat as theyve been told they can sit anywhere by the stewards. 

3 minutes ago, Boyny said:

and then once you manage to get in, theres someone sat in your allocated seat as theyve been told they can sit anywhere by the stewards. 

Hope ya told em to move Paul 

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Just as an aside to all the ongoing issues caused by the SMC, which is McGill owned. The York City Supporters Trust are having an EMG where there is to be a vote of "no confidence" in McGill and his board. It costs £1 to join the YCST and cast your vote. It may not change anything but, if passed, the motion will be an embarrassment to McGill, several YCK supporters have joined and voted to support the motion 

1 hour ago, Shadow45 said:

Just as an aside to all the ongoing issues caused by the SMC, which is McGill owned. The York City Supporters Trust are having an EMG where there is to be a vote of "no confidence" in McGill and his board. It costs £1 to join the YCST and cast your vote. It may not change anything but, if passed, the motion will be an embarrassment to McGill, several YCK supporters have joined and voted to support the motion 

Don’t understand the supporters trust. They want a say but aren’t liable to any losses

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

48 minutes ago, Hopping Mad said:

That was my first thought, too!

The football club can’t have the Rugby Club getting bigger gates can they? Wouldn’t look good especially as they got a grant to pay towards the ground and see it as theirs despite doing virtually nothing to push the new place.

Theres no other logical reason for the SMC to not tell the Knights the attendance. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

19 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

The Knights don't have a safety certificate to lose. The SMC do.

6 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

If it was in an unallocated block, they've done nothing wrong.

I assumed Boyny meant they were sat in his allocated seat so it didn't occur in an unallocated block Gav. but maybe I've misunderstood. Actually we got to our allocated seats in block E, (we're season ticket holders), and a couple were sat in our seats for the Whitehaven match. When we told them they moved, no problem, but it could have been someone who wasn't so amiable and could have been a problem.

It’s a farce to be honest my season ticket still does not work I had to go to the ticket office the guy there told me the stewards should have let me in and someone was sat in my reserved seat they told me the steward told them to sit where they wanted they had no problem moving but it’s not good.

Regarding attendances the club has to know how can you run a business where income comes from spectators and not know how many are there or is it a case of the management company just giving them a random amount after every match? So when you hand your accounts in and they ask what income was generated from spectators do you say no idea??

8 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

The Knights don't have a safety certificate to lose. The SMC do.

That's what I said Gav, read it again.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Bought a season ticket for the past few seasons and was happy to get one this year especially as we were told we could have an allocated seat, which i duly booked. the past 3 games there have been people in our 4 allocated seats in an allocated seat section.. They all said they had been told by stewards they could sit anywhere. Can just do without the hassle of arguing every time. Starting to think of maybe not bothering with a season ticket next year and just pay on the day and sit wherever. 

Archived