Toulouse will play play off semi-final in Toulouse

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Daddy said:

Breaking news: Just announced that their semi final play off game will be allowed to be played in Toulouse.

That's a big boost to them. 

We visited a foreign team begining with T once and made SL

If we did it this time it would be an out and miracle (winces thinking of of what would happen to us in SL 2022)

10 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

If they win it, will the Final be in Toulouse?

Wasn't that reported a week ago? Best placed teams will have home advantage for the semi and then the finals

On the TO website

Bloquez votre date 

Le Toulouse Olympique XIII accueillera la demi-finale du Championship (2e division) dans son stade Ernest-Wallon, le samedi 2 octobre prochain (horaire à déterminer).

C’est officiel, la fédération anglaise de rugby à XIII (RFL) a confirmé que les phases finales du championnat 2021 se joueraient sur le terrain du mieux classé. Assuré de terminer à l’une des deux premières places du classement, directement qualificatives pour le dernier carré, le TO disputera donc ce match couperet à domicile.

Mieux, en cas de qualification et si le club Olympien est toujours leader à la fin de la saison régulière, la finale d’accession à la Super League aura également lieu aux Sept Deniers, le 10 octobre.

Près de 20 ans après avoir lancé le projet Super League, le Toulouse Olympique n’a jamais été dans de meilleures conditions pour atteindre son objectif ultime. Pour aller au bout, il aura besoin du soutien de tous !

Toutes les informations sur cet événement seront communiquées prochainement.

They are saying I think if they finish top and win the semi final it will also be played at Ernest Wallon

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

17 minutes ago, audois said:

On the TO website

Bloquez votre date 

Le Toulouse Olympique XIII accueillera la demi-finale du Championship (2e division) dans son stade Ernest-Wallon, le samedi 2 octobre prochain (horaire à déterminer).

C’est officiel, la fédération anglaise de rugby à XIII (RFL) a confirmé que les phases finales du championnat 2021 se joueraient sur le terrain du mieux classé. Assuré de terminer à l’une des deux premières places du classement, directement qualificatives pour le dernier carré, le TO disputera donc ce match couperet à domicile.

Mieux, en cas de qualification et si le club Olympien est toujours leader à la fin de la saison régulière, la finale d’accession à la Super League aura également lieu aux Sept Deniers, le 10 octobre.

Près de 20 ans après avoir lancé le projet Super League, le Toulouse Olympique n’a jamais été dans de meilleures conditions pour atteindre son objectif ultime. Pour aller au bout, il aura besoin du soutien de tous !

Toutes les informations sur cet événement seront communiquées prochainement.

They are saying I think if they finish top and win the semi final it will also be played at Ernest Wallon

Yes, if they finish top and win the semi then the final will be in Toulouse too. This is broadly what the press release said when they announced that sky will be broadcasting the play off games.

3 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Luckily I speak French so looks like Featherstone fans need to make sure they're double vaccinated, book their PCR tests and travel to Toulouse. 

If Fev win their semi final that is and TO finish top. Still a few games left to definitely sort things out.

49 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Luckily I speak French so looks like Featherstone fans need to make sure they're double vaccinated, book their PCR tests and travel to Toulouse. 

It's not a given we will get to the Final , should do but anything can happen yet.

Excellent news. In a heavily disrupted season, where numerous sides have faced different difficulties, let's hope what should be a cracking end to the season reaches the climax it deserves and wherever the final gets played (quite likely Toulouse) it's a game that lives up to the billing. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

2 hours ago, kiggy said:

If Fev win their semi final that is and TO finish top. Still a few games left to definitely sort things out.

Toulouse would have to lose their last two games.

I wouldn't be leaving it until the fixture is definite. There's a lot to cram into a week.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

8 hours ago, Griff said:

I wouldn't be leaving it until the fixture is definite. There's a lot to cram into a week.

Possibly 2 out of 3 yes, the York game has yet to be cancelled

9 hours ago, Griff said:

Or TO or FeV lose their semi finals. It's not a given they will win even though they are the favourites. I think we would be discourteous to the other teams to write them off so easily.

1 hour ago, kiggy said:

Or TO or FeV lose their semi finals. It's not a given they will win even though they are the favourites. I think we would be discourteous to the other teams to write them off so easily.

Who's writing them - or any other team - off ?

I'm merely saying that if anyone waits until their team is definitely in the final and if that final is in Toulouse, they probably won't be going because there won't be enough time to make the arrangements.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

1 hour ago, POR said:

Interesting n the article they name  the

English Rugby Union (RFL) 🤣

I'm guessing you've used google translate on that? It always translates 'rugby à XIII' as 'rugby union' instead of league.

I'm pretty sure someone in Google HQ has the same old school tie as some RU executive and it's a conspiracy to sneakily direct people away from RL!  🤣

27 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

I'm guessing you've used google translate on that? It always translates 'rugby à XIII' as 'rugby union' instead of league.

I'm pretty sure someone in Google HQ has the same old school tie as some RU executive and it's a conspiracy to sneakily direct people away from RL!  🤣

That's true but they're not the only one's TO actually wrote 

fédération anglaise de rugby à XIII which if you put it into a translator comes out as English rugby union federation 🤣

16 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

On the other hand, Halifax will have to send a bunch of over 40s as apparently no one under the age of 25 in Calderdale will get a vaccine or can take a day off work.

8 minutes ago, POR said:

That's true but they're not the only one's TO actually wrote 

fédération anglaise de rugby à XIII which if you put it into a translator comes out as English rugby union federation 🤣

Yeah. "fédération anglaise de rugby à XIII" is "English rugby league federation" - it's the translator that gets it wrong and changes it to union.

1 hour ago, Barley Mow said:

Yeah. "fédération anglaise de rugby à XIII" is "English rugby league federation" - it's the translator that gets it wrong and changes it to union.

I describe it as Rugby à treize here. I doubt many on line translators could work well with rugby idioms.  Mind you even if I talk about rugby à treize I sometimes get blank faces anyway.

Archived