John Bateman going back Down Under?

2 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Well he can't seem to handle SL - way off the pace so maybe he's more suited to the NRL.

Definitely needs to take a step down I think, either back to the easier NRL or down to the Championship. 

needs to make his mind up - imagine nrl clubs will be extra wary of signing English players after the Williams farce, Bateman was on his way to been a well known star and  celebrity down under with the lifestyle that goes with it - suppose a 3 min interview on look north this season is the nearest he will get over here

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

4 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

needs to make his mind up - imagine nrl clubs will be extra wary of signing English players after the Williams farce, Bateman was on his way to been a well known star and  celebrity down under with the lifestyle that goes with it - suppose a 3 min interview on look north this season is the nearest he will get over here

Well SL clubs keep signing Aussies even after the Trent Merrin homesick saga....

5 hours ago, wiganermike said:

Bateman came back to the UK due to his relationship with his young daughter who remained here. I can't see a complaining girlfriend trumping that. Would be surprised if this is anything other than agent tactics/ journalist needing to fill a column nonsense.

Who's his agent, I wonder ?

10 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Triple M says a few NRL clubs are sniffing around John Bateman, who has an Aussie girlfriend. For some baffling reason, she’s said to be unsettled living in and around Wigan. Wests Tigers mentioned.

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/ready-s-mail-cult-hero-eying-off-a-shock-nrl-return-185166

Bateman has been poor this year 

Really poor 

So it's no suprise he is touting himself around 

11 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Triple M says a few NRL clubs are sniffing around John Bateman, who has an Aussie girlfriend. For some baffling reason, she’s said to be unsettled living in and around Wigan. Wests Tigers mentioned.

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/ready-s-mail-cult-hero-eying-off-a-shock-nrl-return-185166

If I were still a Canberra fan I would be happy with my NRL rivals taking him.... Has been average at best since he returned 

Batemans return to super league has been a total none event 

And suprise suprise he now wants a return to the NRL 

Is Bateman the  most over rated player of this century 

Him and Adam lawton 

You can be chippy on the existing thread, you know.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

53 minutes ago, The storm said:

Him and Adam lawton 

Yep above average SL player when he left, below average SL player when he came back - Wigan should be calling NRL clubs offering him for a small fee - hopefully no one in the NRL watches SL games.

Amazing how the NRL keep drooling over average SL players- Sutton being a prime example in addition to Bateman and Hodgson 

52 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Yep above average SL player when he left, below average SL player when he came back - Wigan should be calling NRL clubs offering him for a small fee - hopefully no one in the NRL watches SL games.

Amazing how the NRL keep drooling over average SL players- Sutton being a prime example in addition to Bateman and Hodgson 

Saying he’s a ‘below average’ SL player is a bit of an over exaggeration.

But yes, a disappointing year for him to say the least.

7 hours ago, The storm said:

Him and Adam lawton 

Do keep up, sunshine. 😃 

Any way, I do hope he returns,  just to ###### you off even more.😃😃

100 lines, please.  "it's non-event, not none event. "

7 hours ago, AB90 said:

Saying he’s a ‘below average’ SL player is a bit of an over exaggeration.

But yes, a disappointing year for him to say the least.

Good job the WC is not taking place this year, if the England team was selected on the form player's Bateman should be nowhere near it, off all the games I have seen Wigan play this season I cannot think of one were he as been anything like the dominant forward he used to be, in fact he has mostly been dominated by his opposites.

33 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Good job the WC is not taking place this year, if the England team was selected on the form player's Bateman should be nowhere near it, off all the games I have seen Wigan play this season I cannot think of one were he as been anything like the dominant forward he used to be, in fact he has mostly been dominated by his opposites.

I remember being slated at the start of this season for my views on Bateman and saying I don't see why people thought he should be an automatic shoe in for England in the World Cup. Too many people were suckered in by the Hodgson like hype on the back of one good NRL season.

1 hour ago, Damien said:

I remember being slated at the start of this season for my views on Bateman and saying I don't see why people thought he should be an automatic shoe in for England in the World Cup. Too many people were suckered in by the Hodgson like hype on the back of one good NRL season.

Yes I well remember you saying that, in fact we were in total agreement about JB's form at the time, his fans were saying it was just a blip, but that blip has turned into a low humming noise of mediocrity that has not improved has the season has gone forward.

Archived