coach for next season

roughyed1064

If we are relegated then obviously Brian Mac should stay and clear up the mess he’s created. JOKE!!!

People such as Mike Ford have been mentioned elsewhere, given their rl knowledge and more specifically their ties to Oldham, but the money on offer as compared to in union would be negligible I suspect. Unfortunately, the financial situation and crucially the lack of a fixed home limit our options. Going for someone previously untried, you might be lucky as with Scott- but think it needs to be someone with experience at the coal face as it were. I’d love to see someone like John Duffy but he’d be out of our price range. I think that Mr Sheridan will be asked to take it, if he wants it, the hope being that he has soaked up enough from Brian Mac. Given the club situation I think anything else is unlikely.  

4 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

God knows. It depends on what the club can afford. Scott Naylor 🙏 at the end of the day he's the one who's given us things to cheer about. He worked wonders with what must've been a miniscule budget. 

As I'm not, and have never pretended to be, a paying supporter I don't feel entitled to voice my opinion but I certainly agree with you M.R. but I'm not sure some others on this forum would welcome his return. During his stint as coach, whenever the Roughyeds hit a bad patch there were posts calling for him to be sacked. He must have been well aware of and felt demoralised by the negativity so I can't help wondering if he would even want to take on the job again.

1 hour ago, WellWisher said:

As I'm not, and have never pretended to be, a paying supporter I don't feel entitled to voice my opinion but I certainly agree with you M.R. but I'm not sure some others on this forum would welcome his return. During his stint as coach, whenever the Roughyeds hit a bad patch there were posts calling for him to be sacked. He must have been well aware of and felt demoralised by the negativity so I can't help wondering if he would even want to take on the job again.

He did get us promoted twice. As for bad patches it doesn't get much worse than it is at the moment. And I'm sure the featherstone fans today outnumbered ours. 

2 hours ago, ChampagneCharlieReturns said:

Personally I would go for Stuart littler, build oldham back up, went wrong at swinton this season granted but done a great job there tbf

I think Littler will join his mate Andy Mazey at Rochdale.

20 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

I think Littler will join his mate Andy Mazey at Rochdale.

Is Calland leaving? If so you could do a lot worse than appointing him.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Is Calland leaving? If so you could do a lot worse than appointing him.

No idea but I am sure Littler will be back coaching one day and it would not surprise me if he did end up at Hornets one day.

And in fairness Littler,especially in 2019 did a good job at Swinton and some good rugby was played along with some very talented players who are now at other clubs.

No doubt Stuart Littler will at some stage want to return as a head coach somewhere.

• 1 month later...

Archived