If you fancy a flutter today.

HaxbyKnight

4 hours ago, Shadow45 said:

Hopefully you doubled up with Newcastle Thunder to hammer Dewsbury Rams? 

Regular double is York & Dewsbury to lose

Paid dividends this season🤣🤣🤣

Dewsbury poor players in a poor team🤔

York better players playing in a poor team🤔

And we'll all be here next season

So our goals next season is for us don't finish in the bottom 2

For you don't finish in the bottom 4

That is realistic for at least one of our teams🤔

All fans of all clubs don’t like been realistic we all have a hope that it’s going to be our year or we are going to get on a run it’s what keeps us turning up week in year out.

I have respect for all rugby fans in the lower leagues all these clubs have been through hard times but the fans stick by them would be great to get more at these clubs and ours but unfortunately a lot of the younger generation want instant success. I know a guy in his twenties who has switched from supporting Wakefield then to Leeds then to ST Helens madness give me my home town club everyday of the week.

At the start of next season we will all be dreaming it’s going to be the year and the signings are great the players that left were no good even if they were we will focus on all the positives forget the negatives and Coolie will be on here rubbing our noses in it again which we deserve sometimes. 

So next season we will be promoted fill the stadium every week after York sign Tom Trbojevic, Nathan Cleary and Payne Haas to boost the squad but they are not guaranteed starters.

47 minutes ago, Roger York said:

I know a guy in his twenties who has switched from supporting Wakefield then to Leeds then to ST Helens madness give me my home town club everyday of the week.

There’s 2 I know who followed Cas until they were relegated when they promptly got season tickets at Bradford. They soon came back to Cas when both sides fortunes took separate directions!

48 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

There’s 2 I know who followed Cas until they were relegated when they promptly got season tickets at Bradford. They soon came back to Cas when both sides fortunes took separate directions!

They aren't fans, they are opportunists who can't bear to lose.

1 hour ago, spanishknight said:

Think next season could well be tougher than this one, Toulouse go up and Leigh come down, Swinton and Oldham go down, don't worry Coolie you'll be safe, Barrow and Workington come up, that's three trips to Cumbria, always a hard place to get a win.

I really think we will not make the cut and will be relegated 

We've flirted with danger year after year successfully 

Don't rule out Barrow & Crusaders coming up

And both will be difficult places to visit

For coaches like Lee Greenwood & James Ford it's vital we get back to traditional rugby league because these 2 promising young British coaches have both struggled in the hybrid game of 9's with 13 players🤔

I knew a woman once! 🤣 it was around the mid eighties. She (allegedly) supported Liverpool, Wigan RL and Bath RU. All champions in their own domestic leagues at the time. She admitted she’d never seen any of them live. 🙄

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

1 hour ago, coolie said:

I really think we will not make the cut and will be relegated 

We've flirted with danger year after year successfully 

Don't rule out Barrow & Crusaders coming up

And both will be difficult places to visit

For coaches like Lee Greenwood & James Ford it's vital we get back to traditional rugby league because these 2 promising young British coaches have both struggled in the hybrid game of 9's with 13 players🤔

Do you think the speeding up of the game so much has contributed to so many injuries I think most championship clubs have had large injury lists?

As a club we have suffered more than most even though I don’t agree with it we have had to use the loan market so much this year and if we did not we would have ended playing players who are injured then risking them getting injured more it’s been a nightmare.

The reality is these players are part time the rules have been changed basically for the top level the NRL and Super league who are all full time and have greater levels of fitness and that’s no disrespect to championship and league one players.

Something has to change if the money is significantly reduced for outside super league will players want to risk regular injuries for less money will they drift back to the amateur game and if so how does it leave the game outside super league?

The year out has had some effect Roger , I am pleased though that most of the team keep putting their bodies on the line week after week , playing out of position , playing with a niggle. As most have said get to the end of the season and take stock.

1 hour ago, Roger York said:

Do you think the speeding up of the game so much has contributed to so many injuries I think most championship clubs have had large injury lists?

As a club we have suffered more than most even though I don’t agree with it we have had to use the loan market so much this year and if we did not we would have ended playing players who are injured then risking them getting injured more it’s been a nightmare.

The reality is these players are part time the rules have been changed basically for the top level the NRL and Super league who are all full time and have greater levels of fitness and that’s no disrespect to championship and league one players.

Something has to change if the money is significantly reduced for outside super league will players want to risk regular injuries for less money will they drift back to the amateur game and if so how does it leave the game outside super league?

We're expecting mongrels to run like greyhounds 

Lot of lads having to do 80 minutes of intensive running & tackling without breaks in play.. As well as full time jobs, normal game has to return next season

Fat lad forwards can't keep up with this hybrid game 

Poor brendan Hill wouldn't be able to get a game in today's stripped down farcical game🤔

5 hours ago, spanishknight said:

Think next season could well be tougher than this one, Toulouse go up and Leigh come down, Swinton and Oldham go down, don't worry Coolie you'll be safe, Barrow and Workington come up, that's three trips to Cumbria, always a hard place to get a win.

Don't write off Crusaders.

A trip to Colwyn Bay must be much more attractive than Workington, lovely though that town also is.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, coolie said:

Lot of lads having to do 80 minutes of intensive running & tackling without breaks in play.. As well as full time jobs, normal game has to return next season

Poor brendan Hill wouldn't be able to get a game in today's stripped down farcical game🤔

Even fat lad ball boys struggle, I hear.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 hours ago, coolie said:

If it carries on next year we may as well have eleven three quarters and two halfbacks in each team, no need for big lads.

18 hours ago, spanishknight said:

If it carries on next year we may as well have eleven three quarters and two halfbacks in each team, no need for big lads.

For the sake of the game has to return to traditional rugby league, crowds are down, interest is low

Asking clubs to set budgets without knowing what the winners get is suicidal 

Archived