Mon 30 Aug: SL: Warrington Wolves v St Helens KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/08/21 at 19:15

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Futtocks said:

He knows Steve Price, plus God knows he of all people needs to watch some attacking Rugby once in a while. 

Maybe Price is taking tips on how keep the play as boring as possible like in RU. Our standards are slipping recently at Warrington.

4 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Not five games in a row. Not a chance. With every loss the motivation to get revenge increases, especially after Saints owe us one for Wembley. I can just see a hammering in the Grand Final for us if we win now then meet again at OT. Stranger things have happened though I guess.

For some reason the terms “five in a row” and “Grand Final” appearing in the same comment are making me shudder. You just never know. 

1 minute ago, wilsontown said:

What actually is Eddie Jones doing there? I don't think I like any of the possible answers.

He's a rugby league fan with a speech impediment that stops him using the word union.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

6 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Not five games in a row. Not a chance. With every loss the motivation to get revenge increases, especially after Saints owe us one for Wembley. I can just see a hammering in the Grand Final for us if we wigan now then meet again at OT. Stranger things have happened though I guess.

No, the champion mindset is "We've beaten them 4 times and they've had no answer. Let's do what we already know what to do, and beat them again. By more or by less, it doesn't matter in a Grand Final"

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, 17 stone giant said:

I thought Warrington should have scored after that dropped catch by Coote. Might regret only getting 2 points. It seemed to take a long time to get up and play the ball.

That's because the Saints player as holding down , should have been binned 

3 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

That Olympian has a proper Warrington accent. Very rare to hear the original dialect these days 😁

Warrington used to be a lot further North. Tectonic plates are a burger.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

I thought Warrington should have scored after that dropped catch by Coote. Might regret only getting 2 points. It seemed to take a long time to get up and play the ball.

Only real choice was to take a pot at goal, there was something like 6 seconds left on the clock.

1 minute ago, Waynebennettswinger said:

Tremendous wire defence there

Less tremendous right now.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Poor Warrington defence against Percival, but fair play to him for just keeping going.

What a fantastic game this is.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, 17 stone giant said:

Got to dive for his legs, surely? Ankle tap or whatever. Not that I've ever played a minute of rugby.

Curries attempt at shirt grabbing was pathetic, commit.

Play halted by the match commissioner. Fire alarm sounded, apparently.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived