Mon 30 Aug: SL: Warrington Wolves v St Helens KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/08/21 at 19:15

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I hope Ashton gets a chance for the season now. Lineham is a Price favourite but he's been pedestrian for a while.

Is Ashton fit then, ridiculous he's not in the squad if he is.

1 minute ago, Cheshire Setter said:

James Bentley is the biggest pansy of an enforcer I think I've ever seen. I'll bet Saints are glad he's going to Leeds.

He’s not an enforcer. He’s a good player but a right liability at the moment. Wingfield waiting in the wings and with Batchelor, Matautia et al on the books, I am not to fussed he’s leaving.

Two exciting games on TV today, for very different reasons.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Waynebennettswinger said:

On balance of the whole game he was asking for it.

If he pegs it down a notch he can be a really good player, maybe Agar can help with that but he has to take some responsibility himself.

It's a balancing act but by the end the Wire players were distracted trying to wind him up which only worked in Saints favour.

Really enjoyable game. Shows when you have sides who aim to play rugby league rather than prevent it from being played. Dodd and Williams' tries were both outstanding.

Our best performance of the year by a distance. We had a rough spell before half time but I put that down to excellent Warrington play rather than us being poor.

We plan to run Welsby at 1 next year, but I wonder if Lomax to full back and Welsby / Dodd as half backs may be better.

Finally, well done to James Bentley for keeping up his incredible record of being sin binned in each game since return from injury. It's quite something.

Stonking Game - Loved that Brian Carney quip pre-game about Eddie Jones

"Eddie Jones thinks Rugby League players need to be fitter to play Rugby Union. We've had a magician in the house now we have a comedian" - Quality !

That said, these sides will meet again in the playoffs, when Warrington may have a full deck of cards to play with. They are a mercurial side that as the end of the first half showed do not need that much posession to put points on the opposition. St Helens are the most consistent side in the league but when its a one-off game I would put money on Warrington.

That said, having a good coach helps, and that Steve Price interview with Jenna Brooks brought to mind the word Clueless... It will not be a problem for Warrington next year though.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

11 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Stonking Game - Loved that Brian Carney quip pre-game about Eddie Jones

"Eddie Jones thinks Rugby League players need to be fitter to play Rugby Union. We've had a magician in the house now we have a comedian" - Quality !

That said, these sides will meet again in the playoffs, when Warrington may have a full deck of cards to play with. They are a mercurial side that as the end of the first half showed do not need that much posession to put points on the opposition. St Helens are the most consistent side in the league but when its a one-off game I would put money on Warrington.

That said, having a good coach helps, and that Steve Price interview with Jenna Brooks brought to mind the word Clueless... It will not be a problem for Warrington next year though.

They had  more of the possession in the first half and Saints made considerably more tackles so that comment makes no sense. When they had a lot less in the second half they failed to score a point. 

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

Lineham has been poor 

I think poor is a compliment.

Anyhow that's probably why a failed coach was the only one stupid enough to give him a contact next year.

Young Kershaw went well today for wakey but we are getting rid and replacing him with that lump.

Saints have so many qualities to admire but the play acting and wind up tactics from guys like Bentley are typical of modern day rugby league and they’re class leaders. Makinson really embarrassed himself chasing the ref asking for a red card for Lineham, after Coote went down with a style Tom Daley would’ve been proud of. 

Well I really enjoyed that match between nail chews. I thought we were going to give it away at the back end of the first half. Halftime came just on time for Saints. Gave us a chance to get our heads back together. Most fun try of the game was Percy's but the best was Dodd's. Glad to get what had become a monkey off our back anyway. Good to see a big turnout by Saints fans but Wire away is always a good event even if the results haven't been so good of late. 

10 hours ago, M j M said:

It's a balancing act but by the end the Wire players were distracted trying to wind him up which only worked in Saints favour.

I agree with that, it worked. I am not a fan of that sort of behaviour though or the constant winding up, patting on the head or laughing in the face of opponents.

IMHO Bentley takes it too far, he has always pushed it but since coming back from injury he appears to be on a mission. Personally, I am getting to the stage where I’d be happier if he left before I started booing him. 

Archived