Mon 30 Aug: SL: Warrington Wolves v St Helens KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/08/21 at 19:15

On 31/08/2021 at 13:07, M j M said:

I'm genuinely amused that you think St Helens have never deployed, or even thought about, such deceitful behaviour before seeing Warrington do it (I don't recall) last time you played them.

Would you like us to collate a list of incidents to jog your memory?

They forget so quickly don't they?

Tommy Martyn anyone? Chris Joynt's Devon Loch moment?

They have always had their fair share of players who would do whatever was necessary to win.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

They forget so quickly don't they?

Tommy Martyn anyone? Chris Joynt's Devon Loch moment?

They have always had their fair share of players who would do whatever was necessary to win.

St Helens are vile Jim, “Same old scousers always cheating” and all that. 

The only thing i didn’t see them do is have a floodlight failure while they were losing (not as far as i can remember anyway).
I definitely don’t remember Joynt having a fishing accident at a Loch or in Devon ?. 

Players and coaches push the rules and interpretations and try and get away with what they can all the time. From holding down as long as possible, to time-wasting, to stealing the ball without getting caught. 

The reason this is coming up again is because there are a (small but noticeable) number of Saints fans who are extremely bitter and sore losers. Worse than anyone else in the sport by far. Their Chairman represents them very well. 

On 01/09/2021 at 00:02, Josef K said:

I think all fan’s are sick of seeing players milking penalties, and id imagine the coaches feel the same.

But the coaches & fan’s are only annoyed when other clubs players are doing it against their team. If a player goes down as if he’s been shot and is playing in your club, you then hear fan’s say “well your club does it so why shouldn’t ours”. 

I agree with the first part but not the second.  Coaches influence how their players and teams behave and if they wanted them to stop milking penalties, they could do that.... fans cannot.

Coaches will be frustrated if their players don't 'win' the penalty count and the vast majority will be delighted if they win that count; however that happened.  As you say, they only complain when the count went againt them.

If we want Rugby League players to stop milking penalties then it is the coaches who have the biggest part to play I'm my view.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

29 minutes ago, Dave T said:

The reason this is coming up again is because there are a (small but noticeable) number of Saints fans who are extremely bitter and sore losers. Worse than anyone else in the sport by far. Their Chairman represents them very well. 

Well I guess there's a reason why Wire don't have any bitter & sore losers, its because you don't have any who know what it feels like to actually win a championship 😁

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

The stuff that came out from the top of the club after they were well beaten in that cup final a couple of years ago was really bad and was rather embarrassing. Whilst reading the cesspit of Redvee is no doubt not really representative, a lot of Saints fans seem perplexingly bitter about lots of things.

2 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Well I guess there's a reason why Wire don't have any bitter & sore losers, its because you don't have any who know what it feels like to actually win a championship 😁

Are they allowing you to use mobile phones in classrooms now.

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

Are they allowing you to use mobile phones in classrooms now.

All that time spent in comedy school was obviously wasted if thats your best response, i've heard more humour in a Wayne Bennett interview !!!

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Archived